Apps safe to disable on the Moto Z Force DROID?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What apps have you disabled?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The stupid games all uninstall. I think they were more empty links and not preinstalled.

I've disabled Caller ID Name, Cloud, Email (I use 9 Folders), Message+, and VZ Navigator. I actually like the Verizon mobile app, VZ Protect, and NFL Mobile.

Last edited:

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
To add to the list above:

Amazon Kindle, Audible, My Verizon Mobile, Slacker Radio, Support & Protection, IMDB. I will likely enable NFL Mobile again during the season as they usually have decent streaming promos.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
To add to the list above:

Amazon Kindle, Audible, My Verizon Mobile, Slacker Radio, Support & Protection, IMDB. I will likely enable NFL Mobile again during the season as they usually have decent streaming promos.

Ha, sort of funny that I didn't even realize Kindle, IMDB, Slacker, and Audible were preinstalled. I use all 4 all the time - I figured they just were synced from my Play account. :)

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's my Debloat list so far:

Code:
APK File                                                              Package Name                                                          
---------------------------------------------------------------       ---------------------------------------------------------------       
Amazon_Audible.apk                                                    com.audible.application                                               
Amazon_IMDb.apk                                                       com.imdb.mobile                                                       
AudioEffects.apk                                                      com.motorola.audioeffects                                             
Chrome.apk                                                            com.android.chrome                                                    
Cloud.apk                                                             com.vcast.mediamanager                                                
CloudPrint.apk                                                        com.google.android.apps.cloudprint                                    
CloudSetup.apk                                                        com.motorola.vzw.cloudsetup                                           
com.customermobile.preload.vzw.apk                                    com.customermobile.preload.vzw                                        
com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite.apk                                    com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite                                        
CQATest.apk                                                           com.motorola.motocit                                                  
DemoMode.apk                                                          com.motorola.demo                                                     
ECID_VZW_Griffin.apk                                                  com.cequint.ecid                                                      
FileBrowser-indian.apk                                                com.lenovo.FileBrowser2                                               
Galaxy4.apk                                                           com.android.galaxy4                                                   
GoogleHindiIME.apk                                                    com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.hindi                             
GooglePinyinIME.apk                                                   com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin                                 
GuideMe.apk                                                           com.motorola.genie                                                    
Hangouts.apk                                                          com.google.android.talk                                               
HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk                                               com.android.wallpaper.holospiral                                      
Ignite.apk                                                            com.LogiaGroup.LogiaDeck                                              
JapaneseIME.apk                                                       com.google.android.inputmethod.japanese                               
Kindle.apk                                                            com.amazon.kindle                                                     
KoreanIME.apk                                                         com.google.android.inputmethod.korean                                 
LiveWallpapers.apk                                                    com.android.wallpaper                                                 
LlkAgent.apk                                                          com.verizon.llkagent                                                  
MotoEmail2.apk                                                        com.motorola.email                                                    
MotoSignatureApp.apk                                                  com.motorola.motosignature.app                                        
MyVerizon.apk                                                         com.vzw.hss.myverizon                                                 
NoiseField.apk                                                        com.android.noisefield                                                
PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk                                          com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks                                
PhaseBeam.apk                                                         com.android.phasebeam                                                 
PrintSpooler.apk                                                      com.android.printspooler                                              
Protips.apk                                                           com.android.protips                                                   
SlackerRadio.apk                                                      com.slacker.radio                                                     
talkback.apk                                                          com.google.android.marvin.talkback                                    
VerizonSSOEngine.apk                                                  com.motricity.verizon.ssodownloadable                                 
Videos.apk                                                            com.google.android.videos                                             
VMobileSecurity.apk                                                   com.asurion.android.verizon.vms                                       
VMyInfozone.apk                                                       com.vzw.hss.widgets.infozone                                          
VZMessages.apk                                                        com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs                                          
vznavigator.apk                                                       com.vznavigator.Generic                                               
VzwAVS.apk                                                            com.verizon.vzwavs                                                    
VzwLocationAgent.apk                                                  com.telecomsys.directedsms.android.SCG                                
ZhuyinIME.apk                                                         com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.zhuyin

Attachments

• blocked.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 82

Life34

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to disable or delete the stock messaging? Since I use verizon messages.

Posted via the Android Central App

Life34

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Only I asked because there's another messenger app on my list of apps on my phone 2821.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Message+ is the Verizon app. Messenger (blue & white icon) is a Google app. I have Message+ disabled on mine without any issues. I would imagine you can uninstall or disable Messenger without any issues as well, but can't promise that. I personally have set Hangouts as my messaging/texting program, but haven't disabled or uninstalled Messenger.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. You should have no trouble disabling it, but...

Considering Verizon's historyof using of customer data why would one use Messenger+?!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes. You should have no trouble disabling it, but...

Considering Verizon's historyof using of customer data why would one use Messenger+?!

Why would one use Internet Explorer? Because the manufacturer set it as the default, and some folks don't know (or care) any different...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Messenger is one of the best carrier apps out there.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Verizon Messenger is one of the best carrier apps out there.

I actually agree. I disabled it forever but when I switched to the OP3 I was forced to use it. It's actually works extremely well. I don't use it anymore but it is very well done. I'm waiting for Allo to release.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Since this thread is now a stickie, here's an updated list:

Code:
APK File                                                              Package Name                                                          
---------------------------------------------------------------       ---------------------------------------------------------------       
Amazon_Audible.apk                                                    com.audible.application                                               
Amazon_IMDb.apk                                                       com.imdb.mobile                                                       
AudioEffects.apk                                                      com.motorola.audioeffects                                             
Badger.apk                                                            com.motorola.badger                                                   
BasicDreams.apk                                                       com.android.dreams.basic                                              
Bug2GoStub.apk                                                        com.motorola.bug2go                                                   
Chrome.apk                                                            com.android.chrome                                                    
Cloud.apk                                                             com.vcast.mediamanager                                                
CloudPrint.apk                                                        com.google.android.apps.cloudprint                                    
CloudSetup.apk                                                        com.motorola.vzw.cloudsetup                                           
com.customermobile.preload.vzw.apk                                    com.customermobile.preload.vzw                                        
com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite.apk                                    com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite                                        
com.motorola.android.settings.diag_mdlog.apk                          com.motorola.android.settings.diag_mdlog                              
com.motorola.android.settings.modemdebug.apk                          com.motorola.android.settings.modemdebug                              
CQATest.apk                                                           com.motorola.motocit                                                  
DemoMode.apk                                                          com.motorola.demo                                                     
DiagMon.apk                                                           com.motorola.android.sdm.plugins.diagmon                              
ECID_VZW_Griffin.apk                                                  com.cequint.ecid                                                      
FileBrowser-indian.apk                                                com.lenovo.FileBrowser2                                               
Galaxy4.apk                                                           com.android.galaxy4                                                   
GoogleHindiIME.apk                                                    com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.hindi                             
GooglePinyinIME.apk                                                   com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin                                 
GuideMe.apk                                                           com.motorola.genie                                                    
Hangouts.apk                                                          com.google.android.talk                                               
HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk                                               com.android.wallpaper.holospiral                                      
Ignite.apk                                                            com.LogiaGroup.LogiaDeck                                              
JapaneseIME.apk                                                       com.google.android.inputmethod.japanese                               
Kindle.apk                                                            com.amazon.kindle                                                     
KoreanIME.apk                                                         com.google.android.inputmethod.korean                                 
LiveWallpapers.apk                                                    com.android.wallpaper                                                 
LlkAgent.apk                                                          com.verizon.llkagent                                                  
MotoCare.apk                                                          com.motorola.motocare                                                 
MotoCareInt.apk                                                       com.motorola.motocare.internal                                        
MotoEmail2.apk                                                        com.motorola.email                                                    
MotoSignatureApp.apk                                                  com.motorola.motosignature.app                                        
MyVerizon.apk                                                         com.vzw.hss.myverizon                                                 
MyVerizonServices.apk                                                 com.verizon.mips.services                                             
NoiseField.apk                                                        com.android.noisefield                                                
PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk                                          com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks                                
PhaseBeam.apk                                                         com.android.phasebeam                                                 
PreloadContacts.apk                                                   com.motorola.contacts.preloadcontacts                                 
PrintSpooler.apk                                                      com.android.printspooler                                              
SlackerRadio.apk                                                      com.slacker.radio                                                     
talkback.apk                                                          com.google.android.marvin.talkback                                    
VerizonSSOEngine.apk                                                  com.motricity.verizon.ssodownloadable                                 
Videos.apk                                                            com.google.android.videos                                             
VMobileSecurity.apk                                                   com.asurion.android.verizon.vms                                       
VMyInfozone.apk                                                       com.vzw.hss.widgets.infozone                                          
VZMessages.apk                                                        com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs                                          
vznavigator.apk                                                       com.vznavigator.Generic                                               
VzwAVS.apk                                                            com.verizon.vzwavs                                                    
VzwDeviceSetup.apk                                                    com.motorola.setupwizard.devicesetup                                  
VzwLocationAgent.apk                                                  com.telecomsys.directedsms.android.SCG                                
ZhuyinIME.apk                                                         com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.zhuyin

Attachments

• blocked.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Since this thread is now a stickie, here's an updated list:

Code:
Badger.apk                                                            com.motorola.badger                                                   
BasicDreams.apk                                                       com.android.dreams.basic                                              
Bug2GoStub.apk                                                        com.motorola.bug2go                                                   
com.motorola.android.settings.diag_mdlog.apk                          com.motorola.android.settings.diag_mdlog                              
com.motorola.android.settings.modemdebug.apk                          com.motorola.android.settings.modemdebug                              
DiagMon.apk                                                           com.motorola.android.sdm.plugins.diagmon                              
MotoCare.apk                                                          com.motorola.motocare                                                 
MotoCareInt.apk                                                       com.motorola.motocare.internal                                        
MyVerizonServices.apk                                                 com.verizon.mips.services                                             
PreloadContacts.apk                                                   com.motorola.contacts.preloadcontacts                                 
VzwDeviceSetup.apk                                                    com.motorola.setupwizard.devicesetup                                  
What app are you using to access the files? I thought you said something about de-bloat? Is that an android app or pc?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I installed the games. I already forgot what they were.

Uninstalled:
Alto
Lyft

Disable:
Amazon Kindle
Audible
Caller Name ID
Cloud (Verizon Cloud)
DT Ignite
IMDB
Slacker Radio
VZ Navigator