The Z Force does not record video while plugged in, even though the camera UI says it's recording.

This with the stock camera, which randomly stopped, and adoptable storage. The battery was charged over 12% during the first video.
    I figured the camera was stopping due too battery and plugged it in again, which caused another video to not be saved.
    All videos recorded while not plugged in were saved.
    08-01-2016 07:34 PM
    The Z Force does not record video while plugged in, even though the camera UI says it's recording.

This with the stock camera, which randomly stopped, and adoptable storage. The battery was charged over 12% during the first video.
    I figured the camera was stopping due too battery and plugged it in again, which caused another video to not be saved.
    All videos recorded while not plugged in were saved.
    Plugged into a computer or just charger? If you are plugged into the computer, this could make complete sense, if you are not plugged in as a media device and only mass storage it may be the reason, If just charger, then that is a mystery
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-01-2016 10:15 PM
    I don't think I've ever tried to record video while its plugged in and charging.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2016 09:56 AM
    Plugged into a computer or just charger? If you are plugged into the computer, this could make complete sense, if you are not plugged in as a media device and only mass storage it may be the reason, If just charger, then that is a mystery
    Just plugged into the included turbo charger.

I don't think I've ever tried to record video while its plugged in and charging.
    Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    08-02-2016 03:39 PM
    Here's another weird one!

The phone will not charge from a Samsung charger with a Type-c Cable!
    I thought it was just their fast charger but it doesn't work with their regular charger either.

*My wife is a Samsung fan and after some years of new hones and replacements the chargers are everywhere. Plus the quick charger was pretty good.
    08-02-2016 04:17 PM
    I changed the title because I'm finding lots of oddness and don't want to keep making threads.

Today's oddness: I kept getting false hits on my launch phrase so I changed it. I could not get Moto Voice to except the "OK Moto Z" launch phrase.
    Using it it would launch google search and enter the entire phrase in the search bar ex: "OK Moto Z set timer for 30 minutes".
    Changing to "OK Google Now" works mostly. Sometimes just "OK Google" works, Sometimes neither works.
    08-03-2016 08:22 PM
    Here's another weird one!

The phone will not charge from a Samsung charger with a Type-c Cable!
    I thought it was just their fast charger but it doesn't work with their regular charger either.

*My wife is a Samsung fan and after some years of new hones and replacements the chargers are everywhere. Plus the quick charger was pretty good.
    This isn't correct, I'm using the fast charger that came with with note 5 along with a USB type C cable from Amazon and it works fine. It even detects it as a turbo charger
    08-03-2016 10:54 PM
    Changing to "OK Google Now" works mostly. Sometimes just "OK Google" works, Sometimes neither works.
    I think more syllables is the key. I'm currently using "OK Alexander".
    08-03-2016 11:29 PM
    This isn't correct, I'm using the fast charger that came with with note 5 along with a USB type C cable from Amazon and it works fine. It even detects it as a turbo charger
    Which cable did you order? This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0198...cUvbUpU5299946
    It must come down to the cable.
    08-04-2016 05:10 AM
    I changed the title because I'm finding lots of oddness and don't want to keep making threads.

Today's oddness: I kept getting false hits on my launch phrase so I changed it. I could not get Moto Voice to except the "OK Moto Z" launch phrase.
    Using it it would launch google search and enter the entire phrase in the search bar ex: "OK Moto Z set timer for 30 minutes".
    This used to happen with the last few Moto phones when you create the launch phrase in a room where there's some white noise in the background.

You have to be somewhere completely silent, or likely more silent than the room you were in.
    08-04-2016 06:17 AM
    Which cable did you order? This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0198...cUvbUpU5300109
    I got this one. It's a 2 pack.

Kenex® 2 Pack (Silver) 3/6ft USB 3.1 Nylon Braided Type-C Male to Standard USB 3.0 Type A Male Cable USB Charging Cable Cord for Apple New MacBook, Chromebook Pixel, Nokia N1 and Other Type-C Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BAG9TBS...cUvbUpU5300109
    fr4nk1yn likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:28 AM
    Which cable did you order? This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0198...cUvbUpU5300116
    Just tried our Samsung fast charger with this exact cable and it charges the phone. (The Sammy charger also charges the wireless battery pack using the Samsung wireless charger, although with a micro USB cable used, obviously.)
    08-04-2016 07:33 AM
    This used to happen with the last few Moto phones when you create the launch phrase in a room where there's some white noise in the background.

You have to be somewhere completely silent, or likely more silent than the room you were in.
    Since I redid the phrase it's not had one false positive. Originally it took 3 tries to find an echo free room.
    Just tried our Samsung fast charger with this exact cable and it charges the phone. (The Sammy charger also charges the wireless battery pack using the Samsung wireless charger, although with a micro USB cable used, obviously.)
    I don't know then. I've tried two fast chargers and a regular Samsung charger and none work. Every other charger works with the cable.
    08-04-2016 04:38 PM
    Since I redid the phrase it's not had one false positive. Originally it took 3 tries to find an echo free room.
    I don't know then. I've tried two fast chargers and a regular Samsung charger and none work. Every other charger works with the cable.
    It doesn't fast charge it, just charges it. To avoid any confusion.
    08-04-2016 07:50 PM
    It doesn't fast charge it, just charges it. To avoid any confusion.
    With the ones I linked above, it fast charges using the Samsung charger.
    08-05-2016 12:14 AM