I am looking to buy the Moto Z Force plus the Moto Mod power pack next month and so I want to go ahead and change out all my chargers and cables but I do not know what to get. I have been looking at quick charge 3.0 but not sure if the Moto Z supports it. Also what USB-C cables should I buy as well. Looking at 1 charger for home, car charger, work charger, and a charger for trips. Also should I get a screen protector? Any other advise would be appreciated.
    08-02-2016 11:10 AM
    It does not appear to support QC3 (the phone will charge, but not "turbo" charge). At least one person has reported it supporting his Apple USB-C charger for turbo charging. I suspect it supports a true USB-C standard, where many of the past devices with type-c connectors were actually USB 2 with the type C plug. I don't know that anyone has confirmed that yet, though.

I'd be sure to get the power pack with wireless charging, unless you just hate wireless charging. $10 more & doesn't seem to make the mod any bigger.

It may be a bit soon to assume it's the same with the Z Force, but many have reported that on the Turbo2 with shattershield screen, it was easy to scratch the top lens. It's replaceable, but still disappointing to have it scratch up. I went ahead with a Zagg glass protector on my Z Force, and am pretty happy with it. There's a thread for screen protectors, someone may be able to recommend a less expensive one from Amazon. I'd get a specific recommendation, though - sounds like the cheap Amazon protectors for the Z Force are hit & miss.
    08-02-2016 11:19 AM
    With the Force, I don't think the extra battery pack is a day-one accessory.

Get yourself extra USB-C cables.
    08-02-2016 11:49 AM
    Which cables? I thought there was an issue with not all USB-C cables are the same and someone from Google was reviewing them.
    08-02-2016 12:13 PM
    It may be a bit soon to assume it's the same with the Z Force, but many have reported that on the Turbo2 with shattershield screen, it was easy to scratch the top lens. It's replaceable, but still disappointing to have it scratch up. I went ahead with a Zagg glass protector on my Z Force, and am pretty happy with it. There's a thread for screen protectors, someone may be able to recommend a less expensive one from Amazon. I'd get a specific recommendation, though - sounds like the cheap Amazon protectors for the Z Force are hit & miss.
    Where did you buy the Zagg protector? From Verizon? Thanks
    08-02-2016 12:15 PM
    Where did you buy the Zagg protector? From Verizon? Thanks
    Yup, bought the Zagg from the local Verizon store. Bought my Z Force from Best Buy, then left the plastic on the screen until I could swing by the local Verizon store & have them slap the protector on (though I've installed plenty myself & could have, it was just easy to have them do it).

I bought some Aukey USB 3 to Type C cables from Amazon, and they're working fine, though I don't have a charger to test turbo charging through them with. I may eventually pick up a Type C charger & C to C cable, but I'll probably wait for more specific information & reviews on what to look for in a charger & cable to be sure it works for turbocharging.
    bat1939_KM likes this.
    08-02-2016 12:23 PM
    Thank you very much YAYTech!!!
    08-02-2016 12:27 PM
    With the Force, I don't think the extra battery pack is a day-one accessory.

Get yourself extra USB-C cables.
    Also I am talking about the Moto Mod Incipio power pack, which should be available right?
    08-02-2016 12:42 PM
    Also I am talking about the Moto Mod Incipio power pack, which should be available right?
    I'm pretty sure BestBuy had the Incipio with wireless charging. Not sure about the Verizon store.
    08-02-2016 12:44 PM
    You can pre-order the Incipio Power Pack from Motorola.

Moto Maker | Motorola

They come in either black or white, $59.99 for the "basic" model and $69.99 that also includes Wireless Charging.

Best Buy has these, which I think are the non-Wireless Charing models:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=OW-pFaie
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=G-tZEz-1

I don't see the Incipio ones at Verizon.
    08-02-2016 12:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure BestBuy had the Incipio with wireless charging. Not sure about the Verizon store.
    I would be buying from Motorola's site because I am using Straight Talk. I have been a little iffy on wireless charging. My questions are does it have to be in a specific spot? What happens if something kind of blocks the charge?
    08-02-2016 12:59 PM
    For USB-C cables, just look for anything "Benson Leung approved".
    08-02-2016 01:18 PM
    For USB-C cables, just look for anything "Benson Leung approved".
    Perfect, that is what I have been doing so far.
    08-02-2016 01:21 PM
    Just FYI, I got these USB-C cables from amazon and they seem to be working fine charging my Z Force. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5295558
    08-02-2016 01:34 PM
    I would be buying from Motorola's site because I am using Straight Talk. I have been a little iffy on wireless charging. My questions are does it have to be in a specific spot? What happens if something kind of blocks the charge?
    I'm just saying they had them hanging there for sale. I think they were the wireless charging ones, but don't remember 100%. You could buy the phone from the Motorola site & buy mods from anywhere else.
    08-02-2016 01:40 PM