OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
What I like and this is coming from a deeply Apple user up until this year. I've since been through the s7, s7 edge, LG G5 and the original Droid Turbo. By far Motorola software interface is just as smooth and seamless as Apple.

I'm deeply sold on Motorola now with the Z Force solidifying my thoughts after having had the Droid Turbo which by the way is still one of the best I've used.

The potential if exploited by at least three different companies of the future modifications or modules that could be offered. Definitely need competition to produce innovation and this device offers that I hope.

Screen resolution is awesome.

Long battery life

Those are my likes. Just wished they could have offered one of the Z models in a bit smaller screen size.

Lastly I sold my 6s 128g and my Z Force took its place in my three phone line up.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Those are my likes. Just wished they could have offered one of the Z models in a bit smaller screen size.

Because of how the mods attach, they can't offer multiple sizes without also having size-specific mods. If the mods really take off, maybe they will, but starting out they need them all to use the same mods. I hear you, though - my wife is still holding onto her Droid Mini for the smaller size.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because of how the mods attach, they can't offer multiple sizes without also having size-specific mods. If the mods really take off, maybe they will, but starting out they need them all to use the same mods. I hear you, though - my wife is still holding onto her Droid Mini for the smaller size.

Technically they can - but if they went with a smaller screen size, we'd have bigger bezels. :)

Future thinking: the Moto G also grew to use a 5.5" screen size (with a front, not rear, FPS). Moto Mods for next year's Moto G? ;)

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
- The fingerprint reader is fantastic.
- Fast charging with the TurboPower 30 charger is fantastic.
- Moto Gestures to open camera and flashlight, etc are fantastic.
- The piece of mind with the ShatterShield display is fantastic. A way better solution than GorillaGlass, full stop.
- The fairly vanilla version of Android on this is great.
- While not 100% lag free like some reviewers say, the Snapdragon 820 is very fast.
- Build quality overall feels quite good.
- AMOLED seems like a better tech than LCD for phones - inky blacks and lower power use for Always-On Display is a big plus.
- Adoptable Storage and MicroSD card slot is a big plus.
-GPS navigation with GMaps has been rock solid. I've seen Pokémon GO lose its GPS signal sometimes but using it to actually navigate is pretty reliable.
- The ease of use of the Moto Mod power pack battery is fantastic.
- Promise of future Moto Z phones using the same form factor so Mods will have some longevity is a plus.
- Choice of StyleShells is great, when they come out. Would love a style shell with wireless charging built-in.
- Mods have great potential, hopefully there will be more. Especially excited about the camera mod. Also would consider more of the current mods when the price goes down.

Elphie123

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I love the call quality, the volume, the size and the smoothness of the phone. I turned in my iPhone 6+ because the call quality was so bad, and I'm so glad I did.
It's great to be back on Motorola. Once the prices of the mods come down I will get the battery mod. I purchased the speaker mod since I use a fair amount of media on my phone; well worth the money for me.
This probably will wind up being my all-time favorite phone to date!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an iPhone for several years but I think the Z would be a great phone for someone going to an Android phone because of its performance and battery life and clean UI.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance