OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
- Overall size. My previous phone was a Nexus 6, and it was too big to use comfortably, even with my fairly big hands. I only remember dropping it once (no damage, had a case on it), but I was always having to be careful with it. I don't have to with the Z Force.
- Speed. Very fast & responsive, usually the only time it lags is if there's a network connection issue that slows it down.
- Battery. I don't have the battery mod, and so far I'm not having trouble getting through normal, or even semi-high use days. I also like knowing that if I do find myself needing more battery, between fast charging and the available battery mod, it shouldn't be an issue.
- Fingerprint scanner. This is on a lot of phones now, but it's the first I've had, and I love it.
- Fast camera. My Nexus 6's camera was/is really slow to load, so I appreciate that the Zf camera comes up very quickly.
- Moto features. 2 phones back I had a Droid Maxx, and I missed some of these features with my Nexus. The Nexus is supposed to do "always listening", but it never worked well, where the Motos have. The chop for flashlight & twist for camera is wonderful too.
- Durability. I like the thought that I can't shatter my screen. I've never cracked a screen, but it's still nice to know. I did put a glass screen protector on, mostly for scratch prevention & feel.
- Mods. I got the speaker mod with the BestBuy deal, and will probably use it on occasion. I might eventually want the battery w/wireless charging mod, for long trips & such. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Speed: This is the first device I've had where scrolling in the launcher doesn't stutter at all!
Oddly enough, coming from the LG G4, I find the screen gorgeous.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's all around just a solid device. Battery life has been tremendous, it's fast and smooth, all the tidbits I missed from my moto X. Camera has been meh so far.

But overall it's great, a tiny bit easier to handle than my 6P and my Bluetooth actually works!

Posted via the Android Central App

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the big bottom bezel. It gives you something to hold on to when you're holding it in landscape.

Speaker is loud enough. The phone is fast. The camera is way better than the MotoX was. Battery life is good. Overall love it. Still getting used to the size.

Joseph Coates

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm very hearing impaired and I can hear on the rare occasion I use the phone. Battery life is awesome and the gestures are easy to use.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I had reported in a different thread that battery life wasn't great the first 3 days. After a bit of de-bloating around a dozen apps, automating the turning on and off of wifi, and using Greenify, I can now report that the battery is better than ANY previous phone I've used. That includes phones with comparable size batteries.... Nexus 6p, Galaxy S7 Edge. The phone literally sips power now. Lost only 4% overnight, so the idle drain is fantastic.

Everything else about the phone makes it the best of 2016 in my eyes. I considered maybe returning near the end of my return period and give the Note 7 a try, but I will no longer do that. The Note will offer nothing more than what I have with the MZF. And the mods put it way over the top.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I had reported in a different thread that battery life wasn't great the first 3 days. After a bit of de-bloating around a dozen apps, automating the turning on and off of wifi, and using Greenify, I can now report that the battery is better than ANY previous phone I've used. That includes phones with comparable size batteries.... Nexus 6p, Galaxy S7 Edge. The phone literally sips power now. Lost only 4% overnight, so the idle drain is fantastic.

Everything else about the phone makes it the best of 2016 in my eyes. I considered maybe returning near the end of my return period and give the Note 7 a try, but I will no longer do that. The Note will offer nothing more than what I have with the MZF. And the mods put it way over the top.

Agreed. The battery on the Z Force, even without the battery mod, is really good. For me, it outperforms the Droid Turbo 2 even though its battery is 260mah smaller.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It is so fast and smooth. So far battery life is excellent. I am enjoying an AMOLED screen again.

I should add I never knew why people were so gaga over fingerprint scanners, but it does really rock.

Last edited:

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I like the screen size and how smooth and quick the phone is. I like that you can unlock and lock the phone with the finger print scanner. Speaking on the scanner, it's crazy fast! I have had the phone for a week now and I am highly satisfied with my purchase!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough - coming from the Moto X Pure Edition, I like the bigger side bezels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol