07-23-2018 02:28 PM
296 ... 9101112
tools
    It can be. The way the phone charges if you unplug it, it may not actually be at 100%. My understanding is that's why that happens.
    I hope so. Perhaps it's just psychological, but it makes me feel like the battery is draining faster than it really is.
    01-01-2017 08:15 AM
    I have 2 more days to return or exchange my phone and due to missing notifications (low volume) I'm probably going to do that. So bummed. I couldn't wait to get this phone. Also the overall tinny sound during calls is bothering me. I'm coming from a Moto x 2nd gen which I loved. Not even sure where to go when I turn this in. Also I'm getting blurry photos when my subject is not perfectly still, but I'm figuring that's a setting.
    01-02-2017 11:40 AM
    I have 2 more days to return or exchange my phone and due to missing notifications (low volume) I'm probably going to do that. So bummed. I couldn't wait to get this phone. Also the overall tinny sound during calls is bothering me. I'm coming from a Moto x 2nd gen which I loved. Not even sure where to go when I turn this in. Also I'm getting blurry photos when my subject is not perfectly still, but I'm figuring that's a setting.
    I'm glad I don't have the low notification issue.
    Shugacookie likes this.
    01-02-2017 12:29 PM
    The sound issue during calls is probably advanced calling. Turn it off and you should see a difference.
    01-02-2017 05:04 PM
    I hope so. Perhaps it's just psychological, but it makes me feel like the battery is draining faster than it really is.
    That's how all phones work. The battery doesn't stay at 100% it charges to 100% then stops, letting it drop. Depending on where you unplug it can be at 100 or 95 but it'll always show 100% for a little bit. It's in the software.

Low notification fix is coming. I don't have low notification, I'm guessing because I loaded tones.
    The tinny sound is due, on mine, to HD calling. It's terrible!.
    Not sure why you'd be getting blurry photos, unless it's dark and the shutter speed is increasing. Mine has been spectacular.
    Shugacookie likes this.
    01-02-2017 05:04 PM
    That's how all phones work. The battery doesn't stay at 100% it charges to 100% then stops, letting it drop. Depending on where you unplug it can be at 100 or 95 but it'll always show 100% for a little bit. It's in the software.

Low notification fix is coming. I don't have low notification, I'm guessing because I loaded tones.
    The tinny sound is due, on mine, to HD calling. It's terrible!.
    Not sure why you'd be getting blurry photos, unless it's dark and the shutter speed is increasing. Mine has been spectacular.
    Gotcha, thanks! Is this true for all current phones?
    01-02-2017 07:31 PM
    Gotcha, thanks! Is this true for all current phones?
    Yes, battery technology for phones has never been improved on. Here's an older article explaining it:
    Your Battery Gauge Is Lying To You: Everything You Need To Know About Bump Charging And Inconsistent Battery Drain
    01-02-2017 08:15 PM
    I gotta wonder about 6+yrs old data.
    01-03-2017 03:37 PM
    01-03-2017 04:09 PM
    I give up on my Moto. Will not stay connected to my trucks Bluetooth. Wi Fi is all over the place.

Keyboard/screen freezes.

Switching back to my old Windows Phone.

I like the shape of the Moto. Having the extra battery mod seems cool. The physical build quality is nice.

But Android is still a buggy mess full of ads and bloatware.

I'm over it. I tried.
    01-16-2017 04:21 AM
    I give up on my Moto. Will not stay connected to my trucks Bluetooth. Wi Fi is all over the place.

Keyboard/screen freezes.

I like the shape of the Moto. Having the extra battery mod seems cool. The physical build quality is nice.

I'm over it. I tried.
    Such a shame, since I'm having none of those problems... Bluetooth works fine with just about everything I've tried it with. Wi-Fi is generally stable, and when it isn't, I find out all my devices are having problems and not just my Z Force (a router reboot usually fixes this). My keyboard (Google GBoard) essentially never freezes, and it is rare to have the phone itself freeze (when it does happen it's usually my browser, and Force Closing it tends to fix that).

Oh, and Windows Phone doesn't have ads? No bloatware? That's awesome! Apologies for the sarcasm, but I'm afraid your expectations are a bit high.

Would you care to elaborate on your issues in the hopes that someone here can help you solve them? (Pardon me if you've done this and I'm too late to the party)
    01-16-2017 05:57 PM

Keyboard/screen freezes.

I'm over it. I tried.
    I'm glad my Moto has none of the issues you describe.
    benjamminh likes this.
    01-17-2017 02:00 AM
    The Camera App often pops up messages that it needs to be restarted or I need to reboot. Never had this problem on my short lived Note 7 or Pixel. But I sure do like the Moto Z Force Droid the best...
    01-17-2017 04:38 PM
    The Camera App often pops up messages that it needs to be restarted or I need to reboot. Never had this problem on my short lived Note 7 or Pixel. But I sure do like the Moto Z Force Droid the best...
    Haven't seen that one either.
    01-17-2017 04:41 PM
    It's happened a few times recently. I restarted the phone and it hasn't done it again.
    01-17-2017 08:04 PM
    I dont like that the power option doesnt have a restart, all it has is power off, this is the first phone i have ever had without a restart option.
    plumcrazy and PortablePete like this.
    01-18-2017 07:00 PM
    I dont like that the power option doesnt have a restart, all it has is power off, this is the first phone i have ever had without a restart option.
    Motorola phones are close to stock Android, and at least from ICS through Nougat 7.0, stock Android has not had a restart in the power off menu. I read somewhere that Nougat 7.1 has it on the Pixel and Android One, though, so I bet it'll come eventually to this phone?
    01-23-2017 02:17 PM
    My Nexus 6p has it, my Z Force doesn't. You know though, if you just hold down the power button for a few seconds, it'll restart.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    01-23-2017 06:19 PM
    My Nexus 6p has it, my Z Force doesn't. You know though, if you just hold down the power button for a few seconds, it'll restart.
    As far as I know, holding down the power button to restart isn't a "clean" shut off.
    01-24-2017 01:11 PM
    I like my Moto, but my biggest proven is Bluetooth connectivity in my car. I hate that I have to turn on Bluetooth tethering every time, but even when I do I still can't play music through my Bluetooth connection. It takes so long for it to pick up on phone calls that people hang up. I have rebooted and removed all other paired devices from my car and phone, but nothing helps. I didn't have this problem with my old phone
    01-26-2017 09:00 PM
    I haven't read through all the posts yet, just got my phone, so sorry if a repeat. Does this thing not vibrate for notifications? It does for calls, I know. But if it doesn't vibrate for notifications that is a stupid thing to remove.
    01-31-2017 07:36 AM
    I haven't read through all the posts yet, just got my phone, so sorry if a repeat. Does this thing not vibrate for notifications? It does for calls, I know. But if it doesn't vibrate for notifications that is a stupid thing to remove.
    Yes it does. Mess with your volume buttons. It's one click on the volume up button after silent to enable vibrate.
    01-31-2017 07:42 AM
    As far as I know, holding down the power button to restart isn't a "clean" shut off.
    From Motorola:
    Reset the Moto Z Force
    In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following the steps below.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Note: The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.
    01-31-2017 09:11 AM
    From Motorola:
    Reset the Moto Z Force
    In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following the steps below.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Note: The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.
    When I say "clean", I'm under the impression that this method simulates a battery pull and power up.
    doogald likes this.
    01-31-2017 12:50 PM
    The bios is what handles the button presses. Normally it passes the presses to the OS, but in cases like holding the power button down for 10 seconds it will power down everything into a shut down state regardless of what the OS is doing. The OS will have no warning and any non saved info or half saved files could become corrupt. Normal file housekeeping will fix the files but by fixed I mean they will delete them, so its never something you should use normally. Desktops and Notebooks have been doing this for decades and it is the same thing.

It is intended for use when ever the OS/phone freezes and becomes unresponsive. I haven't come across a case where the bios couldn't shut down properly, but I wouldn't be surprised if bricked firmwares failed to shutdown.
    doogald likes this.
    01-31-2017 04:00 PM
296 ... 9101112