OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Dislikes:
- Updates. I hate knowing that Lenovo will probably suck at updating the phone quickly or for very long.
- No built in Qi charging. I'm holding out on a thin wireless charging mod.
- Not likely to be "Daydream certified" like the upcoming Nexus phones likely will be.

glazedfaith

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
The phone is just a tiny bit too wide with the squared off back. We came from the Droid Turbo which is only 2-3 mm narrower, but its curved back made it much more comfortable for one handed use. It's such a problem that my wife and I are debating returning both of ours to Best Buy and getting the Galaxy S7 tomorrow.

Aside from that, we've both been disappointed with the strength of signal and drop calls where we never dropped them before.

The Bluetooth doesn't ever automatically connect to my car like the Turbo does, and when I do connect it, the default Bluetooth volume is always ZERO. When I turn up the volume, it's as if the phone is resistant and will only increase a little at a time.

Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The back: There's a distinct sharp edge without the style shell in place. Which brings me to:
There's no style shells, besides the one included, available. Which leads to:
The phone is pretty slippery, scary slippery.

oh, Stock Android!: It's just feature lacking. There's no reason we should have to DL a 3rd party app just to transfer text messages and lose all our app data.

Camera: It has the tendency to blow out whites when the rest of the scene's lighting is mixed.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't like the fact that I haven't been able to stop playing with the damn thing since I bought it. :)

Only thing I don't "like" so far is that the leather Moto Style Back is unavailable. Did it surprise Lenovorola that the phone was being released? Because, you know, it shouldn't have, since it's their phone. I'd really like to get the leather back to replace the "wood" one that came with the phone. I'm also not thrilled by the bumper case made available to go with the Z Force Droid. Not only are they sort of ugly, but the charging port hole doesn't line up correctly. And if I had one design change to make, it would be to put the power button on the top or opposite side from the volume buttons. These are all very minor nitpicks as I'm enjoying the Z Force Droid immensely. They really made quite a winner here. A shame not enough people are going to give it a try because of the Verizon exclusivity and the fact it will get lost in the wash of the Note 7 and iPhone 7 releases. Bad timing.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy with how thin it feels. It helps with the battery pack on. But then I won't be able to use an Otterbox case. So that is one thing that I don t like.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not happy that it hasn't arrived yet. Played with one at Best Buy though and so far everything else I have to say is going in the other thread.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The lack of bumper case alternatives to the Verizon one, which needs modification to be useful. Plenty of "bumper" cases on Amazon for it, but those are all just full-coverage TPU cases, not bumpers. I'm thinking about getting one of those and cutting out the back panel to approximate a bumper. I want to protect the edges, but I also want to be able to use mods freely, so I need a bumper that doesn't suck...

(Before anyone asks, I have a razor for cutting TPU, but not a Dremel for finely trimming plastic; I don't mind the actual modification, but I need to be able to do it without investment).

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The icon grid for the screen. The screen is too big to just be able to add only 4 icons/folders across. If you could change that would be happy. Instead had to add a launcher for that reason alone.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The icon grid for the screen. The screen is too big to just be able to add only 4 icons/folders across. If you could change that would be happy. Instead had to add a launcher for that reason alone.

At least a launcher is an option, but it would be nice if the stock or Google Now launcher offered at least that tweak. Though I'm torn - I miss 5 rows also, but I'm not sure I'd want my icons to be smaller. My phone rests in a holder when I'm driving, and bigger icons help with minimizing distraction.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
At least a launcher is an option, but it would be nice if the stock or Google Now launcher offered at least that tweak. Though I'm torn - I miss 5 rows also, but I'm not sure I'd want my icons to be smaller. My phone rests in a holder when I'm driving, and bigger icons help with minimizing distraction.

Good point.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The lack of bumper case alternatives to the Verizon one, which needs modification to be useful. Plenty of "bumper" cases on Amazon for it, but those are all just full-coverage TPU cases, not bumpers. I'm thinking about getting one of those and cutting out the back panel to approximate a bumper. I want to protect the edges, but I also want to be able to use mods freely, so I need a bumper that doesn't suck...

(Before anyone asks, I have a razor for cutting TPU, but not a Dremel for finely trimming plastic; I don't mind the actual modification, but I need to be able to do it without investment).

This will likely be on my list of dislikes once I get my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The back: There's a distinct sharp edge without the style shell in place. Which brings me to:
There's no style shells, besides the one included, available. Which leads to:
The phone is pretty slippery, scary slippery.

oh, Stock Android!: It's just feature lacking. There's no reason we should have to DL a 3rd party app just to transfer text messages and lose all our app data.

Camera: It has the tendency to blow out whites when the rest of the scene's lighting is mixed.

FYI the Style shells are available to order now through Motorola. I ordered the Leather and the Crimson Ballistic Nylon last night. Buy one get 20% off the 2nd.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12