12-13-2017 01:21 PM
290 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Thank you! Installing gsam now, this is my second Z force and battery is the same. I will run it another day after full charge and post the results.
    10-03-2016 03:49 PM
    Thank you! Installing gsam now, this is my second Z force and battery is the same. I will run it another day after full charge and post the results.
    If this is your second one to do this I'm suspecting really poor signal and/or some apps running rogue in the background. Give it a day or so and grab some screen shots. It's especially important to see what apps are using the most battery and your signal strength.
    10-03-2016 05:15 PM
    If this is your second one to do this I'm suspecting really poor signal and/or some apps running rogue in the background. Give it a day or so and grab some screen shots. It's especially important to see what apps are using the most battery and your signal strength.
    Thanks again for the help, here are a few from today, off battery for about 3 hours and at 76 percent. I did stream about 45 minutes of audio and made about hour of calls. I'll post more at end of day. OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?-screenshot_20161004-105230.jpgOWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?-screenshot_20161004-105239.jpg
    10-04-2016 11:02 AM
    Thanks again for the help, here are a few from today, off battery for about 3 hours and at 76 percent. I did stream about 45 minutes of audio and made about hour of calls. I'll post more at end of day.
    One bar of reception...Is that normal?
    10-04-2016 11:16 AM
    My first thought, too - weak signal, and 3G to boot. Weak signal will kill the battery.

Also, one hour of display on in 3 hours. That's a lot of screen on time in such a short period. (Interesting that "phone" is crossed off, but it shows up in app suckers.)

I don't use Instagram, but if there is a way to turn off background updates, I'd consider that as well. You can catch up when you actually open the app.

The fact that GSAM is high on the list suggests to me that the issue is more with poor signal than app use, though.
    10-04-2016 12:01 PM
    The fact that GSAM is high on the list suggests to me that the issue is more with poor signal than app use, though.
    Couldn't agree more.

Also agree about Instagram. Unless you absolutely need to see your notifications on the app icon, I would turn off background updates.
    10-06-2016 10:38 AM
    The volume could be better on calls. I find I have to use the speaker phone, as I did on the two razrs that preceded this device.
    Anyone else have this issue? i had the original Droid Turbo and it had a low earpiece volume. I never had that issue with Samsung or LG
    10-12-2016 10:42 AM
    I do not have this issue, and my wife and kids tell me I'm going deaf all the time.
    10-12-2016 01:50 PM
    Thanks again for the help, here are a few from today, off battery for about 3 hours and at 76 percent. I did stream about 45 minutes of audio and made about hour of calls. I'll post more at end of day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161004-105230.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	241370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161004-105239.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	241371
    Another app I would install is called Signal Check Lite. It will show you what your actual signal strength is. Post some screen shots. The higher the number the worse it is. Here's my story....... I'll try to keep it short.

I had a bad 4g signal for years. Mine was an average of -120 to -125. I couldn't hold a 4g signal and was forced onto WiFi or 3g.
    Before I bought the Z Force I made several calls to Verizon. I refused to give up. I now have a 4g network extender. But I had to call several times and threaten to leave with several accounts.
    But be careful they don't try to force you into a 3g network extender. You pay for 4g so why shouldn't you get what you pay for.

If your phone is searching for a signal that will drain your battery fast. Be sure if you go into location settings and touch the menu 3 buttons top right of the screen, scanning should pop up. Touch that and shut off wifi and Bluetooth scanning unless you need them. That will also drain your battery.

At night I shut off 4g and touch the 3 menu button and restrict background data. Calls and texts still come through. But it's my data and I don't allow apps to use it in the background unless I'm using that app.

I hope these help. From your screen shots I suspect a bad signal strength. But I could be wrong. Give it a try and see.
    10-12-2016 11:19 PM
    But be careful they don't try to force you into a 3g network extender. You pay for 4g so why shouldn't you get what you pay for.
    Well, a 4G LTE extender requires that you have internet connectivity with 5 Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download minimum though Verizon recommend 10 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. If you don't have that from your internet provider, make sure that you upgrade, or go for the 3G extender. Also be aware that it has about a 50' radius maximum.
    mobrules likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:23 AM
    Well, a 4G LTE extender requires that you have internet connectivity with 5 Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download minimum though Verizon recommend 10 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. If you don't have that from your internet provider, make sure that you upgrade, or go for the 3G extender. Also be aware that it has about a 50' radius maximum.
    Both very good points. Thank you for pointing that out.
    I have found the 50' radius to be way low. I actually have to remember that I am connected to it when I leave the house. For me I can get almost a block away before it disconnects, and disconnects any call I might be on. Verizon had an option to add certain telephone numbers to restrict who connects to it which is nice.
    10-14-2016 01:19 PM
    Unless things have changed with this phone. When WIFI is on the phone isn't really using the cell radio (what your seeing as 3G signal)
    10-14-2016 09:35 PM
    Unless things have changed with this phone. When WIFI is on the phone isn't really using the cell radio (what your seeing as 3G signal)
    For data, correct. However, the phone is always using cellular connectivity - check for calls, text messages, etc. When the signal is low, the phone must provide more power to the antenna to hold a signal, using battery faster than if you have a good signal.
    1Coopgt likes this.
    10-14-2016 10:16 PM
    I wish the camera was a little better I took a few photos to compare it to my wife's iPhone 6s plus and this phone can't compete
    10-15-2016 06:40 PM
    I wish the camera was a little better I took a few photos to compare it to my wife's iPhone 6s plus and this phone can't compete
    Haha funny, my wife has the iPhone too and when she wants a good picture she makes me use my phone.
    benjamminh and PowrDroid like this.
    10-15-2016 07:20 PM
    Haha funny, my wife has the iPhone too and when she wants a good picture she makes me use my phone.
    I guess so you can see how the pictures can't compare to her iPhone she's trying to bring you to the dark side lol
    10-15-2016 07:43 PM
    Generally the Z Force is considered to have a camera superior to the 6 Plus and at least on par with the 7 but your mileage may vary depending upon your usage.
    10-15-2016 07:46 PM
    Generally the Z Force is considered to have a camera superior to the 6 Plus and at least on par with the 7 but your mileage may vary depending upon your usage.
    Not at all. But I'm about to buy her the 7 Plus. Have to keep the wife happy.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-15-2016 08:45 PM
    Definitely sounds a little off for this device. Under what conditions are you noticing this issue?

From the reviews I've seen, the Z Force is considered to be very good and actually better than the iPhone 7.
    benjamminh and fr4nk1yn like this.
    10-15-2016 08:49 PM
    Yeah. My wife got an Iphone 7 Plus to replace her Note 7 and so far the photos that thing is taking is pretty bad.
    I'm not sure how a 12mp photo is coming in at 1.7mb.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:26 PM
    Definitely sounds a little off for this device. Under what conditions are you noticing this issue?

From the reviews I've seen, the Z Force is considered to be very good and actually better than the iPhone 7.
    In low light conditions
    10-16-2016 11:21 AM
    The ZForce definitely takes better shots than the 6 and 6 plus. I've done plenty of comparisons. Honestly my T2 was right up there and in my opinion better than the 6 in good lighting.
    10-16-2016 04:53 PM
    What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?
    All good except volume for notifications,tried lots of apps nothing increases volume, any recommendations
    10-16-2016 05:58 PM
    All good except volume for notifications,tried lots of apps nothing increases volume, any recommendations
    Have you tried the app disable increasing ring? Someone on XDA forums says it works. I haven't really tested it.
    10-16-2016 09:20 PM
    Resurrecting thread.

I'm coming from a note 5 and was hoping to upgrade to note 7, but that will not be happening. My biggest gripe and not waiting on the note 5 is no SD card slot. I'm not interested in down grading to sg7.

Long story short, my other half picked up the black moto z force because his HTC m8 was going down hill. I got the white/gold one. Verizon Corp stores have a special, buy one moto z force get the other one 50% off. Plus $300 trade in credit on his HTC m8 towards a new phone. Basically, we are getting two moto z force's for a hair more than what would cost monthly for one. It was a no brainer. I would get my SD card slot back and I could pay off what I owe on the phone anytime when the note 8 arrives next year if I don't like/enjoy the device.

I'm not too bad of a Samsung butt lover so don't give me too much crap. I really love the camera and spen. I hate touchwiz with a passion.

Anyhow, about my dislikes on the moto z force: it's a slippery phone. I had the moto turbo 2 and loved how it felt in the hand. So, I am looking for at least the JBL speaker moto mod or a different back plate with the bumper.

Second, the camera really sucks in low lighting or when not using the flash with bad lightning. I was really hoping moto was gonna update this from the turbo 2. I feel they would really corner the market and be up there to be an apple/Sammy killer. Why didn't they fix this. I try my best with other 3rd party camera/photo apps out on the market.

Third, why not Miracast? You can only mirror your phone with Chromecast right now. I'm hoping this will be fixed in a future update as I did research this in other forums. I mirror a lot on my Roku. For now, it looks like I'll be buying a Chromecast stick until the fix comes. Sighs.

There's other little things but nothing I can't get use to like the mia notification light. Too bad they don't even give you the option of firing off the flash for notifications in the accessibility menu.

What I love about the phone is the vanilla Android os. If moto does one thing right, it's this. They give you the ability to customize your phone with no rooting. I'm a big fan of Nova Prime and it continues to run smooth on the motos.

Second, the ability to have the SD card slot back. Yes, Sammy brought this back in the sg7 lines but I want a note series phone with the spen.

The battery is fabulous! I don't need to say more about that. You all know.

And lastly I'm looking forward to using a bumper with the moto mods and different back plates. Again, anything to play around with customizing is a plus for me.

Thanks for reading! 😀
    Mark8768 likes this.
    10-24-2016 07:13 AM
290 ... 45678 ...