07-23-2018 02:28 PM
296 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Regarding volume levels and notifications, I bought my Z Force this past Saturday. All volume levels were loud and clear. Yesterday morning I installed the Sept 1st security system update. All notification volume levels are significantly lower. This seems to be a known issue after reading some of the other forums. Hope that there is a fix really soon.
    Mark8768 and rivrfreak like this.
    10-24-2016 07:59 AM
    The annoying thing about Miracast is that the manual says it's supported. On the flip side, it seems like support for Miracast in general on new phones is lacking.
    10-24-2016 08:01 AM
    Regarding volume levels and notifications, I bought my Z Force this past Saturday. All volume levels were loud and clear. Yesterday morning I installed the Sept 1st security system update. All notification volume levels are significantly lower. This seems to be a known issue after reading some of the other forums. Hope that there is a fix really soon.
    what about earpiece volume? Like when you actually make a phone call, do you notice the volume being low in the earpiece?
    10-24-2016 10:45 AM
    Not sure about that, as I haven't had many calls so far. Calls while in my vehicle over Bluetooth were fine. It's just notifications from text, email, and incoming calls that are much more quiet. My volume settings are all turned up to the max.
    Mark8768 likes this.
    10-24-2016 10:50 AM
    Thought this article might be good to post here...

http://www.androidauthority.com/prob...x-them-720492/
    mobrules and kmf1 like this.
    10-25-2016 02:28 PM
    After a few days the notification sound issue is almost a deal breaker for me. It' s really bad for text messages and I have to have that. Add in the phone not breathing on the moto display and it's really a bummer.

The other thing is vibration on this phone is really bad... granted I am in an otter box case but never had a phone with vibration this weak. (it makes the notification issue worse for me).

Other then that it's a real solid device so far.
    10-25-2016 03:30 PM
    Add in the phone not breathing on the moto display.
    ^^^^^^
    What does that mean?
    10-25-2016 03:43 PM
    That your notifications will display on and off on the screen until opened, without waving your hand over the display. This feature is not enabled on the Z series phones. Most of us would like it back.
    10-25-2016 03:49 PM
    ^^^^^^
    What does that mean?
    I guess he means it doesn't breath all the time like the old Motos did. The display only "breaths" when you get a new notice, you move the phone, or wave you hand over it.

I like the new way a lot better myself, all the time breathing would drive me nuts.
    Issemann likes this.
    10-25-2016 03:51 PM
    I guess he means it doesn't breath all the time like the old Motos did. The display only "breaths" when you get a new notice, you move the phone, or wave you hand over it.

I like the new way a lot better myself, all the time breathing would drive me nuts.
    It doesn't breath when you move the phone anymore. At least my phone doesn't. I find this a little irritating. The breathing wouldn't have to breath to the extent that it used to, but it should breath at least 5-10x when a new notification comes in. It only blinks like once, and this is not as useful as it used to be.
    kmf1 and jesta192 like this.
    10-25-2016 04:55 PM
    Currently, the back plates are buy one get one free. They are currenly $14.99 each.
    10-27-2016 08:24 PM
    Currently, the back plates are buy one get one free. They are currenly $14.99 each.
    Which back plates? It makes a difference.
    10-27-2016 08:27 PM
    The thick not grippy Incipio ones. But for that price I still got them. YMMV.
    10-27-2016 08:51 PM
    Incipio ones at Verizon.
    10-27-2016 09:42 PM
    Incipio ones at Verizon.
    Yeah they have been BOGO free for awhile, a got a couple but I don't think they are near as nice as Motos.
    10-27-2016 11:12 PM
    Yeah they have been BOGO free for awhile, a got a couple but I don't think they are near as nice as Motos.
    How do you mean not near as nice........ I was just on the site and before I checked out figured I would check here first. Glad I did. Just curious. Want to make sure I'm not wasting money. Thanks for any replies.
    10-29-2016 10:54 AM
    How do you mean not near as nice........ I was just on the site and before I checked out figured I would check here first. Glad I did. Just curious. Want to make sure I'm not wasting money. Thanks for any replies.
    The Incipio backs are very slick and twice as thick as the Moto backs. I just didn't care for them.

I started a thread titled "Has anybody lost their back"? Check it out, I posted pictures and details about both.
    mobrules likes this.
    10-29-2016 10:58 AM
    The backs are a preference thing. Some people like the thicker Incipio backs protect the camera. I don't find their smoothness to be a problem as far as dropping the phone (I have the blue and gold backs, they have a soft touch). I also have the original wood back and the red fabric Moto backs. I do slightly prefer the red back, both for looks and thin-ness, but the extra thickness of the Incipio back is easy to get used to, and for some the protection of the camera and the look may make it totally worth it.
    10-29-2016 10:39 PM
    The backs are a preference thing. Some people like the thicker Incipio backs protect the camera. I don't find their smoothness to be a problem as far as dropping the phone (I have the blue and gold backs, they have a soft touch). I also have the original wood back and the red fabric Moto backs. I do slightly prefer the red back, both for looks and thin-ness, but the extra thickness of the Incipio back is easy to get used to, and for some the protection of the camera and the look may make it totally worth it.
    Was just giving my opinion, that's what he asked for. For the price of the Incipio ones it's worth trying them out.
    10-29-2016 11:06 PM
    Was just giving my opinion, that's what he asked for. For the price of the Incipio ones it's worth trying them out.
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to argue with you, just trying to give a full picture and additional feedback on the options. I totally get not liking them.
    10-29-2016 11:30 PM
    No 3.5 aux port and no IR blaster like my Note 4 had
    Fingers crossed these can be correct with a mod though

Considering a recent issue I had with my phone on a constant boot loop and me later learning it was caused by my SD card - I'd request a 64GB internal storage option. SD cards are flaky and idc what anybody has to say about that.

Cosmetically I love the phone - the only thing I would change there is the bottom bezel by getting rid of the "moto" logo and dropping the screen down a bit. The bezel is huge compared to a Samsung device or even an iPhone.

Lastly, an IP68 rating would have been nice especially since we already dropped the aux port...

I'm picky on the features I lost when moving from the Note 7...
    11-08-2016 12:49 PM
    I'd request a 64GB internal storage option.
    If you order directly from Moto, there is a 64GB option
    11-08-2016 02:25 PM
    I haven't seen any 15-25 dollar ones on Verizon's site yet, but i did just look up the Incipio ones .. that's very promising that third parties are already making some. I might pick up the blue one from them.
    I got a herringbone one from Amazon
    11-08-2016 02:43 PM
    Not being an owner, the reasons I didn't choose it:

- the home, back and change apps buttons look bigger and clunkier than the pixel with same screen size/ resolution
    - the last two Motorola androids I had were pretty awful for updates
    - no LifeProof available for it
    - not a HUGE deal, but it has the 820 not the 821..
    11-08-2016 07:32 PM
    This one is super annoying. When the battery is dead and it's plugged in it takes minutes before it even starts to charge.
    Never seen that before on any device.
    11-13-2016 10:17 PM
296 ... 56789 ...