OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
- Bottom bezel: Why doe sit have to be so thick?
- Fingerprint sensor is not a home button
- Most apps have on screen buttons...which take up screen space...which makes a large screen not so advantageous. With the black bar of the on screen buttons and the thick bottom bezel, that's like an inch right there.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Kind of like the thicker bottom bezel because it gives you something to hold in landscape

Posted via the Android Central App

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
At least a launcher is an option, but it would be nice if the stock or Google Now launcher offered at least that tweak. Though I'm torn - I miss 5 rows also, but I'm not sure I'd want my icons to be smaller. My phone rests in a holder when I'm driving, and bigger icons help with minimizing distraction.

The achilles heel of the GNL imo. Looks like it was made for the Nexus 7.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The back: There's a distinct sharp edge without the style shell in place. Which brings me to:
There's no style shells, besides the one included, available. Which leads to:
The phone is pretty slippery, scary slippery.

oh, Stock Android!: It's just feature lacking. There's no reason we should have to DL a 3rd party app just to transfer text messages and lose all our app data.

Camera: It has the tendency to blow out whites when the rest of the scene's lighting is mixed.

FYI the Style shells are available to order now through Motorola. I ordered the Leather and the Crimson Ballistic Nylon last night. Buy one get 20% off the 2nd.

Verizon and Incipio are both also carrying/shipping StyleShells. This is a non-issue.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Verizon and Incipio are both also carrying/shipping StyleShells. This is a non-issue.

I haven't seen any 15-25 dollar ones on Verizon's site yet, but i did just look up the Incipio ones .. that's very promising that third parties are already making some. I might pick up the blue one from them.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
- Button shape and placement. Too similar in shape, too high up on the device.
- Overall size of the device is too big. Even at this screen size the bezels are too large.
- Bottom chin.. would work better if it was more symmetrical.
- Lack of headphone jack annoying. No 3.5mm + usb-c passthrough adapter out yet.
- Bottom half of bezel gets warm while charging or under higher load.
- Sound quality from speaker is so-so.
- there should be more wireless charging backs. Wireless charging style shells would be nice.
- The glass/metal back is very fingerprint and scratch prone.
- battery mods only charge main battery. It doesn't bypass the main battery and drain the mod.
- lack of cases, especially those that work with the Moto mods.
- more mods!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
- Button shape and placement. Too similar in shape, too high up on the device.
- Overall size of the device is too big. Even at this screen size the bezels are too large.
- Bottom chin.. would work better if it was more symmetrical.
- Lack of headphone jack annoying. No 3.5mm + usb-c passthrough adapter out yet.
- Bottom half of bezel gets warm while charging or under higher load.
- Sound quality from speaker is so-so.
- there should be more wireless charging backs. Wireless charging style shells would be nice.
- The glass/metal back is very fingerprint and scratch prone.
- battery mods only charge main battery. It doesn't bypass the main battery and drain the mod.
- lack of cases, especially those that work with the Moto mods.
- more mods!

You sound return it and very something with a smaller dislike list.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The lack of bumper case alternatives to the Verizon one, which needs modification to be useful. Plenty of "bumper" cases on Amazon for it, but those are all just full-coverage TPU cases, not bumpers. I'm thinking about getting one of those and cutting out the back panel to approximate a bumper. I want to protect the edges, but I also want to be able to use mods freely, so I need a bumper that doesn't suck...

(Before anyone asks, I have a razor for cutting TPU, but not a Dremel for finely trimming plastic; I don't mind the actual modification, but I need to be able to do it without investment).

This will likely be on my list of dislikes once I get my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
I got the black bumper from Verizon when I got the phone. Tumi wireless mod connects fine. It's a cheap setup and feels cheap but it works. I did not have to do anything to the charging post access. Cables connect just fine. No dremel required.

Maybe take a cable to a store and try it out. I'm not saying I won't eventually need to trim it but had several cables work just fine.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the black bumper from Verizon when I got the phone. Tumi wireless mod connects fine. It's a cheap setup and feels cheap but it works. I did not have to do anything to the charging post access. Cables connect just fine. No dremel required.

Maybe take a cable to a store and try it out. I'm not saying I won't eventually need to trim it but had several cables work just fine.

The mods have a notch that fit over the tab that gets in the way of the style backs. So on mods no problem, on the style backs a small problem.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I have to make an addition today. The last two days were the first I've had a chance to put the camera through its paces and I am not impressed. In fact, I'm downright disappointed. Between the slowness of the focus and of taking the actual picture, to the poor image detail, to the insistence of using a high ISO, this camera is light years behind the Galaxy and iPhone.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have to make an addition today. The last two days were the first I've had a chance to put the camera through its paces and I am not impressed. In fact, I'm downright disappointed. Between the slowness of the focus and of taking the actual picture, to the poor image detail, to the insistence of using a high ISO, this camera is light years behind the Galaxy and iPhone.

Are you sure you are using the right camera app? I was using the stupid Google camera app by mistake (I guess it was on the front screen when I got the phone or somehow I moved it there) and that app is terrible!! I have seen find the right Moto camera app and it is night and day difference!!

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure you are using the right camera app? I was using the stupid Google camera app by mistake (I guess it was on the front screen when I got the phone or somehow I moved it there) and that app is terrible!! I have seen find the right Moto camera app and it is night and day difference!!

I've been using whatever camera opens with the wrist twist gesture.

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
A few more:

- the bottom antenna band sits around the USB-C port. It's plastic so it will get scratched for sure.
- ships with the may 01 security update. So it ships three months behind on updates.
- lack of notification LED ( always on display almost mitigates this but not quite )

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Maybe they will improve that with an update. They HTC 10 was off when it first came out and they made adjustments.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney