OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Interesting because I cannot long press on mine. It just highlights but cant drag it around to uninstall it. You sure about that?

OK honestly I can't remember if I did it before Nova or not, I thought I did. Either way now it's gone even in the home launcher. So I guess you could use Nova just to remove it and switch back of you don't want to use Nova.

Only reason I added a different launcher was to have 5 icons/folders across the grid. I could deal with just only 4.

ch5220

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I removed the Google search bar on mine, and that was before I added Nova. In fact just switched back to the home launcher to double check and sure enough it was gone. Removed it just like any other app icon, just long pressed and removed it.

I was able to remove mine as well with the home launcher, but the problem was I could not place any apps in that space, which looked ridiculous with all that empty space at the top. Much happier with Nova launcher.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I was able to remove mine as well with the home launcher, but the problem was I could not place any apps in that space, which looked ridiculous with all that empty space at the top. Much happier with Nova launcher.

Oh ok, thought maybe I was losing my mind.

One thing I really missed from the LG UI was the extra pull down button I could add next to the Back, Home, and Recent button. Swiping down twice or with two fingers to get the settings I didn't care for. I added double tap to do it in Nova and use it all the time, love it.

Greg LaMaina

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Oh yes your referring to disabling Google Now in settings...that will remove the bar but you cant use the space. Plus I want google now. I will try Nova, im just hesitant to use 3rd party launchers as I feel they always eventually bog down to OS. But last time I used one was back when I was using cyanogen mod on my droid maxx so maybe things have change lol.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
One more. It appears the .6 second max shutter is hard coded into the firmware so no camera app will allow more.
Not a big deal for normal photos but every so often I go out with the tripod at night and use, rather used, 15 second exposures.

GodWeTrust

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I also added a screen protector (based on the reports of scratches) and so far so good. And I'm on Nova.

And I still can't seem to take the JBL speakers off during the day. Wears them all day long. Man, this is a heavy phone. Lol

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The shatterproof screen scratches by just looking at it wrong. I thought I could wait out until the company I like released their screen protector but I was wrong. Got a ton of scratches and no info online for replacement shattershields, even the turbo replacements aren't available anymore. Luckily when I put the screen protector on it filters out the light so you don't see the scratches anymore, even in the sunlight.

Oh and why cant I remove the google search bar at the top of the screen. I didn't have this on my Note 4. I want that space. I understand you can do it with root, but come on now.
You can get the official Moto Turbo 2 Shattershield replacements on Amazon. I just ordered one yesterday because I'm going to sell it and get the Z-force. Honestly though, I never put a protector on my T2 and there really aren't any scratches at all. There's maybe one tiny micro scratch, but whoever buys it will likely never notice. I personally feel the whole scratch prone thing was seriously overblown. I use my phone in pretty harsh surroundings everyday.
My screen protectors have always gotten scratched, so honestly I'm thrilled with the natural scratch resistance of the T2, and expect the same with the Z-force, if not better due to it being the next generation.

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I removed the Google search bar well before I tried a couple different launchers. In fact I'm still using the stock launcher now. If I remember correctly, go to settings, then Google option, then I believe inside the Google settings itself or under search now still in Google settings it has an option to turn the search bar off. Let me take a look and I'll screen shot it.

As far as scratching the screen, I decided on day one to install the Zagg Tempered Glass protector just out of habit with all my phones. I never knew it would scratch easily but now hearing this I'm glad I got the Zagg. Zagg is kind of pricey but through trial and error over the past couple years, it seems they do make a pretty good product and they are good with precise fits too. Verizon surprisingly had one left in stock when I initially was going to get the Force through them. As soon as I left Best Buy, I went straight to Verizon and got the Zagg and the Blue Incipio mod. The sales rep I could tell wasn't too happy since they are on some type of commission but Best Buy offering $99 two year contract and a free JBL Mod was ten times better than what Verizon offered. Verizon was around $200 two year contract and no free JBL. Best Buy typically has some pretty good deals. Had I done device payment, I would have gotten a $200 gift card.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm stumped now! I can't find the setting where I removed the Google search bar from the stock launcher. I'm still using the stock and my search bar is gone. I'll keep backtracking and post instructions as soon as my brain lapse goes away lol.

Meanwhile I found this setting for the Google keyboard! Google offered probably 10 to 12 different keyboard themes within the language and input setting on the phone. I like reds and oranges so naturally I chose this as my keyboard lol

Attachments

• 758.jpg
    758.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 126

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm stumped now! I can't find the setting where I removed the Google search bar from the stock launcher. I'm still using the stock and my search bar is gone. I'll keep backtracking and post instructions as soon as my brain lapse goes away lol.

Long press on home screen
Press "Settings"
Turn off "Google Search"

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got paranoid about scratches on the plastic screen that I haven't even taken the film off. I'm at Verizon now getting a screen protector put on. lol

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I got paranoid about scratches on the plastic screen that I haven't even taken the film off. I'm at Verizon now getting a screen protector put on. lol

I did the same thing. Ha ha. A week in and I'm still very impressed.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any 15-25 dollar ones on Verizon's site yet, but i did just look up the Incipio ones .. that's very promising that third parties are already making some. I might pick up the blue one from them.

Mine didn't fit flush at all. Check it before you leave the store

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

The pleson glass on Amazon works really good. A little tedious installing it, but looks great of you get it right. It's only $8

Elphie123

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Verizon Shell/Holster combo with Kickstand. The shell doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone, and it has a nice grippy feel. The only time I use the holster is when I throw it in my purse. It works really well.
Lately I just use the "wood" style back and a leather Jison slip-in pouch.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The vibration is a little weak on calls. I always leave my phone on vibrate at night, and with my T2, never missed a call. Missed 2 this morning and noticed after a couple more calls today that the vibration isn't as strong as I would like.