OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Generally the Z Force is considered to have a camera superior to the 6 Plus and at least on par with the 7 but your mileage may vary depending upon your usage.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish the camera was a little better I took a few photos to compare it to my wife's iPhone 6s plus and this phone can't compete
Definitely sounds a little off for this device. Under what conditions are you noticing this issue?

From the reviews I've seen, the Z Force is considered to be very good and actually better than the iPhone 7.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. My wife got an Iphone 7 Plus to replace her Note 7 and so far the photos that thing is taking is pretty bad.
I'm not sure how a 12mp photo is coming in at 1.7mb.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The ZForce definitely takes better shots than the 6 and 6 plus. I've done plenty of comparisons. Honestly my T2 was right up there and in my opinion better than the 6 in good lighting.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting thread.

I'm coming from a note 5 and was hoping to upgrade to note 7, but that will not be happening. My biggest gripe and not waiting on the note 5 is no SD card slot. I'm not interested in down grading to sg7.

Long story short, my other half picked up the black moto z force because his HTC m8 was going down hill. I got the white/gold one. Verizon Corp stores have a special, buy one moto z force get the other one 50% off. Plus $300 trade in credit on his HTC m8 towards a new phone. Basically, we are getting two moto z force's for a hair more than what would cost monthly for one. It was a no brainer. I would get my SD card slot back and I could pay off what I owe on the phone anytime when the note 8 arrives next year if I don't like/enjoy the device.

I'm not too bad of a Samsung butt lover so don't give me too much crap. I really love the camera and spen. I hate touchwiz with a passion.

Anyhow, about my dislikes on the moto z force: it's a slippery phone. I had the moto turbo 2 and loved how it felt in the hand. So, I am looking for at least the JBL speaker moto mod or a different back plate with the bumper.

Second, the camera really sucks in low lighting or when not using the flash with bad lightning. I was really hoping moto was gonna update this from the turbo 2. I feel they would really corner the market and be up there to be an apple/Sammy killer. Why didn't they fix this. I try my best with other 3rd party camera/photo apps out on the market.

Third, why not Miracast? You can only mirror your phone with Chromecast right now. I'm hoping this will be fixed in a future update as I did research this in other forums. I mirror a lot on my Roku. For now, it looks like I'll be buying a Chromecast stick until the fix comes. Sighs.

There's other little things but nothing I can't get use to like the mia notification light. Too bad they don't even give you the option of firing off the flash for notifications in the accessibility menu.

What I love about the phone is the vanilla Android os. If moto does one thing right, it's this. They give you the ability to customize your phone with no rooting. I'm a big fan of Nova Prime and it continues to run smooth on the motos.

Second, the ability to have the SD card slot back. Yes, Sammy brought this back in the sg7 lines but I want a note series phone with the spen.

The battery is fabulous! I don't need to say more about that. You all know.

And lastly I'm looking forward to using a bumper with the moto mods and different back plates. Again, anything to play around with customizing is a plus for me.

Thanks for reading! 😀

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Regarding volume levels and notifications, I bought my Z Force this past Saturday. All volume levels were loud and clear. Yesterday morning I installed the Sept 1st security system update. All notification volume levels are significantly lower. This seems to be a known issue after reading some of the other forums. Hope that there is a fix really soon.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The annoying thing about Miracast is that the manual says it's supported. On the flip side, it seems like support for Miracast in general on new phones is lacking.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Regarding volume levels and notifications, I bought my Z Force this past Saturday. All volume levels were loud and clear. Yesterday morning I installed the Sept 1st security system update. All notification volume levels are significantly lower. This seems to be a known issue after reading some of the other forums. Hope that there is a fix really soon.

what about earpiece volume? Like when you actually make a phone call, do you notice the volume being low in the earpiece?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about that, as I haven't had many calls so far. Calls while in my vehicle over Bluetooth were fine. It's just notifications from text, email, and incoming calls that are much more quiet. My volume settings are all turned up to the max.

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
After a few days the notification sound issue is almost a deal breaker for me. It' s really bad for text messages and I have to have that. Add in the phone not breathing on the moto display and it's really a bummer.

The other thing is vibration on this phone is really bad... granted I am in an otter box case but never had a phone with vibration this weak. (it makes the notification issue worse for me).

Other then that it's a real solid device so far.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
That your notifications will display on and off on the screen until opened, without waving your hand over the display. This feature is not enabled on the Z series phones. Most of us would like it back.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^^
What does that mean?

I guess he means it doesn't breath all the time like the old Motos did. The display only "breaths" when you get a new notice, you move the phone, or wave you hand over it.

I like the new way a lot better myself, all the time breathing would drive me nuts.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess he means it doesn't breath all the time like the old Motos did. The display only "breaths" when you get a new notice, you move the phone, or wave you hand over it.

I like the new way a lot better myself, all the time breathing would drive me nuts.
It doesn't breath when you move the phone anymore. At least my phone doesn't. I find this a little irritating. The breathing wouldn't have to breath to the extent that it used to, but it should breath at least 5-10x when a new notification comes in. It only blinks like once, and this is not as useful as it used to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay