OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The "starting quiet" notifications. This may be a showstopper for me at work as our sales-force (two of them I'm putting in Z Force Droids) needs to hear their notifications.
I'm on day two with this app "Disable Increasing Ring". It was crashing each time I received a notification from Life360, but worked fine for all other notifications.

I sent feedback to the developer last night and received an email from him this morning with a new apk to try. Installed new apk and have not had any issues all day. It seems to be working great. Also impressed with such quick response time from developer. At this rate I'll be purchasing the app when the trial ends.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...shumoapp.disableincreasingring&token=BC0OFYe3

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo removed the "breathing" notification feature present on all previous Moto's that had amoled displays. :(
And that is one reason I got it LOL. I accidentally move my hand over the front to make it come on too much as it is. I don't need something breathing at me :)

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Lenovo removed the "breathing" notification feature present on all previous Moto's that had amoled displays. :(
If you're coming from a previous moto phone it's a bit of a letdown initially, but the waive your hand feature really works well and largely negates the need (in my opinion) for the breathing. It still blinks on and off anytime a new notification from any app comes in, so if you keep your phone close or handy all the time, it's really not all that different than before. If you like to set your phone down and keep it further away, then the lack of breathing is more problematic, but then that was never as good as an LED light regardless. My only issue at this point is really on principle. It seems like it would be pretty easy to make this a customizable feature, allowing the user to choose how many times or how long the notifications breathe for. The system itself in my opinion is still the best of any manufacturer. It functions flawlessly and I cannot picture using a phone without it (have had ever moto flagship since the Maxx as a result), or until the next big thing comes along (whatever that is).

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
no, usually in hand/pocket or within arms reach but turning the damn thing on constantly to see if i missed an email is annoying. I hate hearing phones ring so its on vibrate 100% of the time. The flash notify app helps but i have to be looking at it or in its direction. Its amazing to me that in 2016 this phone doesnt have led notifications.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So this is strange but I keep losing the google keyboard in the all apps section. Its still listed in Settings>apps. But the icon for it is gone.

Happened last week and at that time I did not have a second keyboard app installed. Had to factory reset to get it back, and that is a PAIN. So I installed Swiftkey, which I like better anyways.

Anyone else have this happen? Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere that hides it? Not really sure. Any advice is appreciated.

I figured it out. I had unchecked for it show as an icon.

Last edited:

Multanii YO

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont like the placement of the fingerprint sensor. My daughter presses it all the time. If I was designing it I would make it a bit wider instead of long.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
no, usually in hand/pocket or within arms reach but turning the damn thing on constantly to see if i missed an email is annoying. I hate hearing phones ring so its on vibrate 100% of the time. The flash notify app helps but i have to be looking at it or in its direction. Its amazing to me that in 2016 this phone doesnt have led notifications.

I'm confused, you say flash notify requires you to look at your phone to notice the notification. How does an LED solve that problem???

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
So this is strange but I keep losing the google keyboard in the all apps section. Its still listed in Settings>apps. But the icon for it is gone.

Happened last week and at that time I did not have a second keyboard app installed. Had to factory reset to get it back, and that is a PAIN. So I installed Swiftkey, which I like better anyways.

Anyone else have this happen? Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere that hides it? Not really sure. Any advice is appreciated.

I figured it out. I had unchecked for it show as an icon.

It's a keyboard, so I think you're expected to access it through Settings instead of an app icon. But since the demand is there they gave the option to add it like a typical app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800