I'm coming from a G4 and figured just from everything I have read in the past that the camera of the Moto would not be as good but decided to go ahead and get it anyway. So I took a few pictures tonight with both phones where outside smoking a cigar. I did not edit any of the photos, only cropped one of them. The G4 camera was set on auto, the Moto was also on auto but HDR was also set to auto. I didn't notice until I was back inside. The color is better on the Moto pictures but the details are on the G4 blows it out of the water! Also a ton of noise on some of the Moto shots.

Moto - cigar in decent light.

G4

Moto - close up of band in bad light (Was very hard to get the Moto to focus)

G4
    08-05-2016 03:34 AM
    Moto - full shot of cigar in decent light

G4

Moto - shot of trees and sky (noise is so bad)

G4
    08-05-2016 03:40 AM
    Moto - parking lot

G4

Moto - crop of the same picture

G4
    Revolutionary likes this.
    08-05-2016 03:44 AM
    My guess is you'd have had better results on the Z with HDR turned off. With it on, photos take just a little bit longer and it introduces an opportunity for blur from motion (from you moving too soon because you think the shot is over). Or at least I hope so, because those needs some help, lol! Love the lens flare on the parking lot shot with the G4.
    08-05-2016 11:33 AM
    My guess is you'd have had better results on the Z with HDR turned off. With it on, photos take just a little bit longer and it introduces an opportunity for blur from motion (from you moving too soon because you think the shot is over). Or at least I hope so, because those needs some help, lol! Love the lens flare on the parking lot shot with the G4.
    If I get a chance tonight I will try again, in the same spot. But I don't think detail wise, at least in low light it can match the G4. LG really has some great cameras.

But I was impressed with the color from the Moto. Got some real nasty over head lights in that area and that is what throws off the color on the G4 shots.
    08-05-2016 11:43 AM
    Is anyone else impressed that phone cameras have come so far? Here we can analyze and scrutinize over details of photos, but the fact is photos coming from phones today are really very very good, and they're destroying the point-and-shoot camera market. It's getting to where you almost need a DSLR to bother with anything but a phone camera!
    Revolutionary likes this.
    08-05-2016 12:29 PM
    OK everybody I am a damn fool and must apologize to everybody. I used the freaking Google camera app to take the pictures and not the Moto app. So if a Mod wants to delete the whole thread or lock it they can. I will try again tonight and post a new thread.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-05-2016 11:57 PM
    Thanks for sharing what happened.
    tx_tuff likes this.
    08-06-2016 12:02 AM