So last night I tried a camera test with the Moto and the LG G4. I was disappointed by the Moto pictures but I later figured out I screwed up and used the Google camera app with the Moto instead of the Moto camera app. And wow what a difference!! I have now deleted the Google camera because it is terrible.

So I took some more night shots and I am impressed, is it perfect? No. But no phone camera is. Yesterday the G4 blew it away, now that I am using the right app it is much closer and in fact in one picture the Moto is a clear winner.

I took these pictures in auto mode on both phones and only editing I did was the cropping in the parking lot picture. Now I accidently delete the parking lot picture in the Moto but not the cropped picture. I will include the full photo from the LG so you can see how much was cropped.

All the Moto pictures are shown first.

Moto

G4

Moto

G4

Moto

G4

Moto (cropped picture of parking lot)

G4 (cropped and non cropped of parking lot)

benjamminh and fr4nk1yn like this.
    08-06-2016 04:47 AM
    Other than the flower shot, I clearly prefer the Moto photos.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    08-06-2016 08:38 AM
    Did you install the Google camera app? I tried to take a night shot yesterday of the UT tower all lit up and it was terrible. Instead I took a much better picture in snapchat, and just did a screen shot

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 09:14 AM
    Never use Google camera for anything!

If you want to go one further DL an app like ProShot, not sure if threre's a trial, or FV-5 Lite, which restricts resolution, and repeat.
    I found ProShot was equal to, and better in some situations, LG's camera app as far a quality.
    08-06-2016 10:57 AM
    Did you install the Google camera app? I tried to take a night shot yesterday of the UT tower all lit up and it was terrible. Instead I took a much better picture in snapchat, and just did a screen shot

No, it came install on the phone. I'm guessing that is one reason I used it by mistake. Both app icons look similar too.
    08-06-2016 02:31 PM
    No, it came install on the phone.
    If you had it installed on your previous device it probably restored. It wasn't in my preloaded apps.
    08-06-2016 04:02 PM
    If you had it installed on your previous device it probably restored. It wasn't in my preloaded apps.
    Maybe that was it, I have installed it in the past but that was years ago.
    08-06-2016 04:24 PM
    So with low light how well does it seem to focus and take a picture? Does it do it fairly quickly? I love my OnePlus but I'm about to move onto something else since it's very slow when in low light.

08-06-2016 05:51 PM
    So with low light how well does it seem to focus and take a picture? Does it do it fairly quickly? I love my OnePlus but I'm about to move onto something else since it's very slow when in low light.

It was pretty fast, only thing I can compare it to is the LG. It was just as fast if not faster.
    08-06-2016 06:23 PM
    It was pretty fast, only thing I can compare it to is the LG. It was just as fast if not faster.
    That's cool. I just want non blurry pics of my kids. My OnePlus 3 won't do that unless it's super bright out and they are not moving slow. If they are standing still it can do pretty good photos. The focus speed is the most important part for me.

08-06-2016 09:15 PM
    That's cool. I just want non blurry pics of my kids. My OnePlus 3 won't do that unless it's super bright out and they are not moving slow. If they are standing still it can do pretty good photos. The focus speed is the most important part for me.

Honestly. I have the Z force and like it a lot. But you might want to get a Samsung. I have blurry pictures with every phone except those. Here is a sample of my youngest rugrat today. He is Autistic and this was in a swing at a sensory play place today. Swinging pretty slow and good light and I couldn't get a clear picture of him. I've had that problem with LG phones also. Never my Samsungs though. Could maybe be fixed on pro mode. No idea though.
    jtcannonball likes this.
    08-07-2016 12:56 AM

I haven't used it for any action shots so for that purpose in my sure.
    08-07-2016 01:30 AM
    Honestly. I have the Z force and like it a lot. But you might want to get a Samsung. I have blurry pictures with every phone except those. Here is a sample of my youngest rugrat today. He is Autistic and this was in a swing at a sensory play place today. Swinging pretty slow and good light and I couldn't get a clear picture of him. I've had that problem with LG phones also. Never my Samsungs though. Could maybe be fixed on pro mode. No idea though. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2ff2306b73.jpg
    I wonder if burst shots or a faster shutter speed using manual mode would help?

Beautiful boy!
    jtcannonball likes this.
    08-07-2016 01:31 AM
    Turn off auto HDR and also look in the burst photos when blurry. It sometimes picks the wrong photo to put out front.
    08-07-2016 09:41 AM
    Thanks all for the advice! I will try all of your suggestions.
    08-07-2016 12:22 PM
    Man I am really tempted. Bestbuy has Z force for $99 and free JBL mod. Camera is crucial to me. My grandson is on the spectrum also. Sometimes you can not get him to stand still and slow focus times get bad shots. Same with my 2 dogs. I am using original turbo and want to upgrade. Sammy seems best choice for camera but for some reason I do not like the samsung. Man...first world problems.
    08-13-2016 03:02 PM
    Man I am really tempted. Bestbuy has Z force for $99 and free JBL mod. Camera is crucial to me. My grandson is on the spectrum also. Sometimes you can not get him to stand still and slow focus times get bad shots. Same with my 2 dogs. I am using original turbo and want to upgrade. Sammy seems best choice for camera but for some reason I do not like the samsung. Man...first world problems.
    I have thought about getting a Note ever year since they came out, thought this would be the year but the curved screen is just a no go for me, don't like the glass back either.

I'm really impressed with the camera, haven't used it a ton but very happy with it. And the deal from BB was too good to be true, that is why I pulled the trigger.
    08-13-2016 03:23 PM