VZ Protect

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have experience with this App?is it worth activating or does it slow down or otherwise intrude on the device? The terms and conditions seem to imply their system will be polling the device. And wondering if it's really the (paid) Premium service that their trying to entice you into buying?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've never used it, but what are you most interested in about the app? Is it the anti virus/ safe browsing? Or the device tracking.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I disabled it. No need for antivirus on Android if you're not downloading shady stuff, and I do device tracking via Google. I think I used it for a little while on another device, and didn't notice any slowdown though.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The only benefit you get with it is it you have the total mobile protection you get a tech coach that can troubleshoot for you and not just your phone but any devices

Posted via the Android Central App

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I've never used it, but what are you most interested in about the app? Is it the anti virus/ safe browsing? Or the device tracking.
I don't think I need to worry about viruses on apps, as I download all from the play store. But safe browsing seems to be an issue lately...I seem to recall things popping up uninvited on my old Moto X¹. And yes, I guess device tracking and remote wipe if stolen.
I disabled it. No need for antivirus on Android if you're not downloading shady stuff, and I do device tracking via Google. I think I used it for a little while on another device, and didn't notice any slowdown though.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I need to worry about viruses on apps, as I download all from the play store. But safe browsing seems to be an issue lately...I seem to recall things popping up uninvited on my old Moto X¹. And yes, I guess device tracking and remote wipe if stolen.

I've never worried too much about safe browsing, but like YAYtech said you can do the device management via Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital