So I hope this is a valid question as I have exclusively used Apple until this year. The only Android device I really like is Motorola. It's just a far superior device than every other Android product ive tried. However, I'm used to the functional gallery icon that takes you directly to photos or ahhhh... I may have just explained the absence to myself. Could it be that I formatted the SD card as internal? The only gallery I'm seeing is my Google photos icon but there is clearly not a built in gallery icon on my Z Force that I'm seeing. This is the only phone ive ever had to not have a gallery icon. Anyone know or have noticed the same thing or have I lost my tech mind? Lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-11-2016 03:27 AM
    Moto is using a very lightly skinned stock interface. So it uses google apps rather than its own. Google calendar. Google calculated. Google clock. Etc.

For the gallery it is the photos app.
    08-11-2016 04:11 AM
    Pretty sure you can download the Motorola gallery app on the play store if you want it.

Posted via my Moto X Pure
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-11-2016 06:10 AM
    Google photos is decent!

johnnyshinta likes this.
    08-11-2016 06:15 AM
    For some reason they didn't include the Moto gallery app in this build, even though it's on the G4. I personally can't find Moto's app in the Play store from this phone, but I guess YMMV. But I really like their app for its custom photo-roll videos and built in editor (more options than Google Photos and even Snapseed, including the ability to export at a different size).

If you Google around, someone liberated the apk for Moto Gallery from the G4 and posted it. I tried a bunch of Moto Gallery apks out there on the various apk archive sites, and none of them worked. But the G4 gallery did. No problems so far.
    08-11-2016 07:02 AM
    The Google app will let you backup your photos online. Unlimited at a slight reduced compression for free. A good way to never lose your photos.
    Technified likes this.
    08-11-2016 07:28 AM
    I use Google photos and Amazon photos there are free and automatic backup. Both work great

Technified likes this.
    08-11-2016 07:37 AM
    The Google app will let you backup your photos online. Unlimited at a slight reduced compression for free. A good way to never lose your photos.
    You get that merely from having the Photos app installed and backups on. You can have any other gallery, camera, or photo-editing app installed at the same time with no conflicts. So it isn't a question of "one of the other," unless you chose to disable Photos or never log into it.
    08-11-2016 09:32 AM
    There's an offer with the Moto Zs (and Moto Gs) where full res/no compression won't take up Drive space for two years.
    Laura Knotek and fr4nk1yn like this.
    08-22-2016 01:52 PM
    There's an offer with the Moto Zs (and Moto Gs) where full res/no compression won't take up Drive space for two years.
    Really? How do you access this? And then what happens in 2 years? You're screwed because you have your whole Drive taken up by your photos and are forced to pay for more space.
    Ry likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:57 PM
    Really? How do you access this? And then what happens in 2 years? You're screwed because you have your whole Drive taken up by your photos and are forced to pay for more space.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=L12UOw16

Just turn it on in Google Photos.

I believe it's just like any other Google Drive promotion - if you exceed your limit at the end of the promotion, you have to either delete or buy Drive space.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:03 PM
    So I hope this is a valid question as I have exclusively used Apple until this year. The only Android device I really like is Motorola. It's just a far superior device than every other Android product ive tried. However, I'm used to the functional gallery icon that takes you directly to photos or ahhhh... I may have just explained the absence to myself. Could it be that I formatted the SD card as internal? The only gallery I'm seeing is my Google photos icon but there is clearly not a built in gallery icon on my Z Force that I'm seeing. This is the only phone ive ever had to not have a gallery icon. Anyone know or have noticed the same thing or have I lost my tech mind? Lol

This has been driving me nuts too. I know that all the photos I take with the camera are synced to google photo, but I still can't figure out how to open photos that I download without going to file manager and hunting for them. They don't get synced to google photo. I looked up the Motorola gallery app and it's fraught with ads. Shouldn't I easily be able to view downloaded photos in a gallery without ads???
    11-19-2016 04:56 PM
    This has been driving me nuts too. I know that all the photos I take with the camera are synced to google photo, but I still can't figure out how to open photos that I download without going to file manager and hunting for them. They don't get synced to google photo. I looked up the Motorola gallery app and it's fraught with ads. Shouldn't I easily be able to view downloaded photos in a gallery without ads???
    After opening the Google photos app tap the 3 line menu on the top left corner, select "Device folder" and you will see the screen captures and downloaded photos.
    selw0nk likes this.
    11-19-2016 07:21 PM