I'm pretty extreme with disabling bloat ware and settings. But there was a thread that I can't find.
    It talked about an app, something called de-bloat or something along those lines. There was also a list of apk files. I don't recall. If anyone has an idea please let me know. Thank you.

Also I found a setting under data usage that restricts background data. Anyone with more knowledge than I have that could possibly explain what that would actually restrict?

If this is already a thread mods please move this. Thank you.
    08-12-2016 10:55 AM
    Restricting background data is pretty much what it sounds like - the phone won't let apps that are in the background (i.e., not being used right now by the user) use mobile data for things like updates. I believe this only applies to apps that periodically refresh, and not those with Push notification. So an email program would still receive messages if configured for push, but a weather app or Facebook newsfeed won't update until you open the app, triggering a refresh.

This phone sips power when it's not in use, so unless you are on a plan with a very low data quota, and also away from wifi a lot, I would leave it alone.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:18 PM
    I had to go all the way to page 2 to find the thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...rce-droid.html
    mobrules likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:28 PM
    I had to go all the way to page 2 to find the thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...rce-droid.html
    I'll go ahead and sticky it.
    08-12-2016 02:54 PM