Need Car Charger. Will a Power Inverter work?

Neiko1967

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I got my new Z Force and love it. Disappointed that they don't have a car charger that will Turbo Charge it. I am leaving in 2 weeks for a elk hunting trip in the mountains and was wondering if I had a power inverter if that would Turbo Charge my phone if I used the Turbo Wall Charger. Not a electrician and don't understand the Amp/watt thing so keep it simple. Thanks in Advance.

Neiko1967

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Supposedly that one isn't compatible with the Z Force like it says. I already have a battery mod but being out there for 8 days they won't make it to the end.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly that one isn't compatible with the Z Force like it says. I already have a battery mod but being out there for 8 days they won't make it to the end.

Someone said it is, but it doesn't charge as fast as the 30W included charger.

Neiko1967

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I did stop at Verizon today and the guy assured me it will work with my phone. I bought it and plugged it in. It did work but not quite as fast as wall charger. I am going to see if a inverter can go any faster. Already I can charge now in the mountains.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes a power invertor should work. The only car charger I have found that will charge the phone and then switch over to charge the battery mod is the one Verizon sells. It's a usb c fast charger. It does trigger the pop up that says turbo charging.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I did stop at Verizon today and the guy assured me it will work with my phone. I bought it and plugged it in. It did work but not quite as fast as wall charger. I am going to see if a inverter can go any faster. Already I can charge now in the mountains.
I don't think there's anything out there that will match the included (wall/home) charger.

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Just bought the Verizon wireless car charger with quick charge. Works great. Plugged it in and my Z force said turbo charging.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I took about a 200 mile trip the other day. Phone was at 100% when I left. Used a QC 2.0 charger, micro usb cable, and micro usb to usb c connector.
Used 4g, GPS, screen at 100 the whole time. I know it doesn't turbo charge technically but it kept my phone at 100% the whole time. I was more than pleased.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i tried my Nexus 6P 6" usb to usb-c cable that came in the box, plugged it into a 1.8W blackberry auto charger and it charged from 50 to 100 in about an hour of driving. It also was able to go from about 5% to 30% in 20 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781