Moto Display not breathing

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Z-force... I've had the Droid Maxx, T1, T2 and now the Force.

The moto display works great when I approach the screen to see notifications, but it appears they eliminated the breathing function.

It's not a huge deal, but seems like that would've been worth keeping.

I would like to confirm it's not an issue with my phone and that everyone else is having the same experience?

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately that's the way it is. I posted about this yesterday in the Moto Z forum and it's disappointing to say the least. The Turbo 1 breathed for around 10 minutes or more, and then the Turbo 2 only about 3 minutes. Now nothing with the Z.

I contacted Motorola and they sent me some stock non-answer. Hope this is rectified in a future Moto update, but I'm not counting on it.

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If something comes near your screen or you swipe over it light up

True and that's always been great. But the breathing notifications were very helpful if you were standing away from your phone and wanted to see at a glimpse if a notification came in. Not sure why they didn't continue with it but it's not that big a deal.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The way the Z handles it it rather annoying, at least to me. I reach for the phone, by the time I tilt it, its already turned off.
I have to change my hand position and wave my thumb, with mixed success, over the sensors to see the notifications.
It's more awkward than always on or breathing.

Maybe this is an answer fr Samsung getting a patent on the always on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci