I've noticed that when the photos are taken with HDR it seems to store 2 separate photos in the gallery.

Anybody else notice this? Is there a setting to change this?
    08-21-2016 03:11 PM
    I've noticed that when the photos are taken with HDR it seems to store 2 separate photos in the gallery.

Anybody else notice this? Is there a setting to change this?
    If there is, I can't find it. And I hate it. Though I did find a way around it. When you take a photo, choose the "Pro" mode. Not only does it eliminate the dual photo, it also allows for the photo to be taken IMMEDIATELY, without that terrible delay that it uses on full auto. And the "Pro" mode still takes everything using auto presets if you want. You don't have to fool around with any settings.
    08-21-2016 05:45 PM
    By pro mode, do you mean the sliders or something else?
    08-21-2016 06:19 PM
    If there is, I can't find it. And I hate it. Though I did find a way around it. When you take a photo, choose the "Pro" mode. Not only does it eliminate the dual photo, it also allows for the photo to be taken IMMEDIATELY, without that terrible delay that it uses on full auto. And the "Pro" mode still takes everything using auto presets if you want. You don't have to fool around with any settings.
    Thanks, I noticed the pro mode but haven't messed around with it yet. I think the other workaround would be to turn off auto HDR. In pro mode does it still take HDR?
    08-21-2016 07:03 PM
    Thanks, I noticed the pro mode but haven't messed around with it yet. I think the offer workaround would be to turn off auto HDR. In pro mode does it still take HDR?
    You would think so, right? (About turning off Auto HDR.) But no, there is still an annoying delay. You can still use the Pro Mode in full auto though and the delay is gone.
    08-21-2016 07:08 PM
    the 2 photos are a "feature". It does it with and without HDR. As already mentioned pro mode disables it.
    08-21-2016 10:24 PM
    the 2 photos are a "feature". It does it with and without HDR. As already mentioned pro mode disables it.
    Good to know... What is the point of this feature, and is there a way to disable it?
    08-21-2016 10:39 PM
    Good to know... What is the point of this feature, and is there a way to disable it?
    It gives you both the normal and HDR picture, in case you prefer one over the other.
    08-21-2016 10:44 PM
    It gives you both the normal and HDR picture, in case you prefer one over the other.
    It'll take 2 photos with HDR off, and one with it on. HDR isn't the trigger.
    08-21-2016 10:57 PM
    Yeah, at this point I've noticed it happen with HDR on and off. I'm curious to know what the trigger is. Either way, this does not seem like a useful feature. If HDR was the trigger, I could see it being a desirable setting for some, but to just have it on by default seems ludicrous.
    sangs likes this.
    08-22-2016 12:03 AM
    Old habits die hard.... That's the trigger on my (now) old iPhone. Burst mode is on, perhaps?
    08-22-2016 02:57 AM
    Old habits die hard.... That's the trigger on my (now) old iPhone. Burst mode is on, perhaps?
    Nope. I assume it's a "feature." Just wish they'd provide a way to disable it, as I think it's the reason for the delay when trying to use the default fully auto mode. And unfortunately there seems to be no way to make the Pro mode your default option.
    08-22-2016 08:55 AM
    They only time I have noticed it is in dim lighting, and if you zoom in on the two pictures one is clearly better then the other. They are not the same picture.
    08-22-2016 05:24 PM
    They only time I have noticed it is in dim lighting, and if you zoom in on the two pictures one is clearly better then the other. They are not the same picture.
    I noticed that too. If the shutter drops to 1/24 and below it will always take two photos, but I've had well lit no HDR photos at 1/186.
    And movement isn't the trigger as stationary objects get it just as much if not more.
    08-22-2016 06:09 PM