08-30-2016 11:24 AM
26 12
tools
    One Month Later
    I've had my Moto Z Force for a month now and it's the best phone I've owned. The battery pack comes in handy if you like to do outdoor things, yet need to be able to be reached. Most of the time I keep the standard back on it, but I do have a case I that covers it for added durability. I did end up getting a screen guard, the glass one, whatever its called, due to some scratches early on. The battery itself last me all day, even when using it constantly. I easily got used to the fingerprint sensor/button layout after about a week, but I was also a G2, G3, G4 user. The close to stock Android gets the job done with minimal junk on board. So, for the Pros, Cons, and Indifferent;
    Pros:
    It's fast
    It's easy to use, yet robust enough to do real tasks
    The close to Vanilla Android is a nice touch after using LG for almost 3 years
    The fingerprint sensor works well
    Great antennas
    It does the job quickly and efficiently
    Cons
    The screen scratched way too easily. I had it for two weeks before I noticed scratches. My G3, which I carried daily for almost 2 years has less scratches. I didn't do anything differently, and before you somehow think I have some sort of construction job, I'm an Archivist and also teach history. So, I'm not really hard on devices.
    Indifferent
    No Phone Jack and no 3.5 aux. It takes a little getting used to and a few extra purchases. I needed charges for each of my vehicles and each of my offices because it never fails, I will forget one somewhere. Your results may vary.
    Overall, its a great device. I recommend it to anyone who needs a powerful phone with great battery life.
    sangs, dakini03, KoukiFC3S and 6 others like this.
    08-26-2016 10:01 AM
    It's truly been the most pleasant surprise of my phone life in years.
    08-26-2016 10:21 AM
    It's truly been the most pleasant surprise of my phone life in years.
    I have to agree. I came over from a an iPhone 6s Plus and am loving the Moto Z Force. I have not felt any regrets about my decision to switch.
    Elphie123 likes this.
    08-26-2016 11:40 AM
    I too am glad I didn't wait for the N7. Coming for them N4, I was thinking of sticking with Samsung but I've been happy with this phone...particularly the battery life and speed.
    08-26-2016 11:48 AM
    One caveat: I did end up downloading Nova Launcher so I could have a 5x5 grid. I would also categorize this as a con. This should be a stock feature.
    08-26-2016 11:52 AM
    Been using moto z force as a loaner while Nexus 6p was in shop. Love it much better signal strength so I'm keeping it and selling 6p
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:26 PM
    Yeah with shatter shield displays before you even look atr it you need a glass screen protector. I went with the Verizon brand as it was cheaper and covers more of the display then the Zag.

But i love the damn phone. Got the Incipio battery mod on it. So far highest use was 12 hours of OST with it. Its heavy but its amazing and feels great in the hand.
    08-26-2016 06:04 PM
    Similar to my experience
    08-27-2016 06:16 AM
    The Z Force has been easily the best phone I've ever owned. The mods are almost like gravy because the phone is so good even without them.
    08-27-2016 08:19 AM
    The Z Force has been easily the best phone I've ever owned. The mods are almost like gravy because the phone is so good even without them.
    08-27-2016 10:24 AM
    One caveat: I did end up downloading Nova Launcher so I could have a 5x5 grid. I would also categorize this as a con. This should be a stock feature.
    I agree, however, there is so much more that you get with Nova Prime. I've used it on every phone that i've owned, including my Nexus 5.
    08-28-2016 12:56 PM
    I agree, however, there is so much more that you get with Nova Prime. I've used it on every phone that i've owned, including my Nexus 5.
    Not for me. Don't need a resource hog sapping my battery just for a couple more gestures and another row of icons.
    ericf4 likes this.
    08-28-2016 03:02 PM
    Not for me. Don't need a resource hog sapping my battery just for a couple more gestures and another row of icons.
    Your choice.
    sangs likes this.
    08-28-2016 03:10 PM
    I think Action Launcher 3 right now is using .3℅ of my battery. I think Nova is similar when I use it.
    08-28-2016 04:19 PM
    I use MSFT arrow launcher. Frickin love it. Lightweight and smartly designed. Very useful.
    08-28-2016 04:36 PM
    I have seen no difference in battery usage between Nova Launcher, Google Now Launcher, or the Action Launcher 3.
    08-29-2016 07:57 AM
    I may give Arrow a try this weekend just to see how it is.
    ericf4 likes this.
    08-29-2016 07:59 AM
    I have seen no difference in battery usage between Nova Launcher, Google Now Launcher, or the Action Launcher 3.
    I went back to stock to test his theory and I see no signs of performance improvement and if battery is better than maybe I'll get 7.25 hours instead of 7. Lol
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:34 AM
    Not yet you haven't. Give it a few months. It's nothing scientific mind you, but it's been my Android experience that over time, the bogging down, lag and battery hits seem magnified when third-party launchers are added to the equation.
    08-29-2016 11:05 AM
    I started playing with Nova Prime launcher late last week, mainly just for the 5 row option, which lets me get all my apps organized into folders on one home screen. I also made the Google bar at the top only take up 2 squares instead of a full width row. So far I'm liking it, though I'm keeping an eye out for that new Nexus launcher...
    08-29-2016 02:04 PM
    I like it. Been using it for a while now on my V10, also used it on my Note 4. Another interesting one if you're a windows phone refugee, is Square2home. You can set it up so it almost looks like WP, except the tiles aren't live. Looks really nice with a B&W wallpaper and white icons (Whicons pack). The Force is not with me....yet, but I'm looking.
    08-29-2016 06:37 PM
    Not yet you haven't. Give it a few months. It's nothing scientific mind you, but it's been my Android experience that over time, the bogging down, lag and battery hits seem magnified when third-party launchers are added to the equation.
    I think that it depends on the launcher. I've never had the problems that you describe, on any of my phones, with Nova Prime. There are other good ones out there, but Nova is my personal choice.
    08-30-2016 07:30 AM
    Arrow is my fav launcher
    08-30-2016 07:59 AM
    I went back to stock to test his theory and I see no signs of performance improvement and if battery is better than maybe I'll get 7.25 hours instead of 7. Lol
    It shouldn't be any difference on a high end phone.
    08-30-2016 10:09 AM
    Same here. I am so glad that I traded in my iPhone 6 plus for this phone. It is honestly better in every way (except that I still use my iPad mini for iTunes).
    08-30-2016 11:17 AM
26 12