Is anyone using the stock messaging & email apps? I've got two questions. 1- Can the email app be set to delete emails from the server? 2- Is messaging+ better than messaging, and if so, how? Thanks for any help.
    08-30-2016 08:24 PM
    Is anyone using the stock messaging & email apps? I've got two questions. 1- Can the email app be set to delete emails from the server? 2- Is messaging+ better than messaging, and if so, how? Thanks for any help.
    I can't speak on anything about the email cus I use the official apps for Gmail and Outlook.

I personally like messages+ because it's so customizable and I can check my text messages from my laptop as well. Others will have their own opinion but for me messages+ works.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-30-2016 10:10 PM
    Messages+ is really good, but I enjoy Textra.
    08-31-2016 12:03 AM
    Messages+ is surprisingly good. Very customizeable, able to be used on my laptop, iPad AND iPhone as well, plus works over wifi. It's replaced Textra as my messaging app of choice. For e-mail, I use the Gmail app.
    08-31-2016 04:29 AM
    I use the stock app for my exchange account. I did not alter any of the settings. When I delete a message on my phone, it is deleted on the server. For my personal account, I use the Gmail Inbox app. I agree with the others that the Messaging+ app is good. Some don't like it specifically because it is "Verizon bloatware". However, I found it to be a good alternative. I'm waiting to see what Google Allo will offer and may potentially switch to that when released.
    Technified and grunt0300 like this.
    08-31-2016 10:23 AM
    I use the stock app for my exchange account. I did not alter any of the settings. When I delete a message on my phone, it is deleted on the server. For my personal account, I use the Gmail Inbox app. I agree with the others that the Messaging+ app is good. Some don't like it specifically because it is "Verizon bloatware". However, I found it to be a good alternative. I'm waiting to see what Google Allo will offer and may potentially switch to that when released.
    I'm gonna give Google Allo a try as well! It's gonna have to be totally awesome for me to make the switch lol
    emanwis likes this.
    08-31-2016 01:15 PM
    i've been using the stock email app for my gmail & hotmail accounts. When i delete emails from the phone, they are NOT deleted on the server. It must be a setting on my Mac.
    08-31-2016 02:17 PM
    I have the same issue but on my PC so I don;t think its a Mac issue.
    09-01-2016 10:41 AM
    I have the same issue but on my PC so I don;t think its a Mac issue.
    It doesn't happen when I use a better email app, like TypeMail or BlueMail.☺
    09-01-2016 10:49 AM
    Whether the email is deleted from the mail server or not is not a function of the app other than to maybe allow or not. It is based on the type of mail account you are using. POP3 mail accounts will not allow for a mail client to delete mail from the server where IMAP accounts will allow this but I've not seem them work very well or at least not very fast. Exchange accounts or made for this. Most will keep your mail, contacts, calendar and task all in sync. I've found Nine to be one of the best exchange clients by far.

Verizon Messages+ is very customizable and works well.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:13 AM
    Nine doesn't allow gmail, but i've found AquaMail, which does allow gmail & hotmail. When i delete mail on the phone, it deletes the email from the server.
    09-28-2016 09:43 AM
    Gmail app if setup for IMAP will delete emails off the server. My only issue with Gmail is it can be a bit slow for my work account. K9 is bare bones and will also delete if setup for IMAP and it is much faster than the Gmail app for push email accounts. I prefer Gmail but have K9 in the background just for speed if I have an urgent email coming in.

For texting I use Messages+. I really like it and it works very well across multiple platforms.
    09-28-2016 10:33 AM