If I don't care about the Moto mods, are the Moto Z Force camera, video (e.g. will I notice 60 fps for video as better than 30fps), battery life, processor, charging, fingerprint feature , etc significantly better things than in the Turbo 2?
    I was contemplating the Turbo 2 as well because I want a waterproof case, which Lifeproof only makes for the Turbo 2 not the Moto Z lineup. I am really hard on my things, so I need to decide if the Motorola Z force is such a superior phone that I should buy with a basic case or if I should stick to the older Turbo 2 and will it feel like it keeps up with new phone tech?
    08-31-2016 11:57 PM
    There is supposed to be an Adventure mod, which is basically a waterproof case released. I don't have a T2, but rather an MXPE but I did look at the T2. The shattershield on the T2 reduces the quality of the screen. They fixed that with the Z Force. Camera and performance should be significantly better on the Z Force.
    09-01-2016 07:30 AM
    Trouble is, what one person considers "significant improvement" another will consider "marginal improvement", and what one person considers expensive another considers chump change. "Worth it" is always up to the person opening their wallet, so you'll need to spend time reading reviews, and go check out a display to put one in your hand. If I had a Turbo2, and it was meeting my needs, I most likely wouldn't consider it worth it, because $500-800 is a fair amount of money to me, but I was upgrading from an older phone.

Hopefully someone who specifically upgraded from a Turbo2 can chime in here, though, since their input on what they like better/worse would probably be helpful.
    Technified likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:11 AM
    My daughter has my old T2 and I have the Force. The Force is a better all around performer (camera, speed, finreprint reader, etc.) but I would struggle to say it's "significantly" better. I think some of the other posts hit it on the head - if some if the features in the Force are super important to you, it could be (significantly better). My thought is it's just an evolutionary upgrade.
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:49 AM
    I went from a Turbo to the Z Force. While the Z Force is an awesome phone, I would not do it again. When I consider the $$s spent, the upgrade was just not worth it for my needs.
    09-01-2016 12:19 PM
    Tried a Force coming from a T2 and returned. WiFi dropped in and out, ring and notification tones too low (not changed by recent update) and expensive. Actually, since my coverage is so bad at my office, switched back to a MXPE, loving the bigger screen and dual speakers and better reception.
    09-01-2016 12:35 PM
    While it is an improvement, the difference in performance is not all that noticeable from Turbo 2.
    10-19-2016 02:48 AM
    piggyback on this question - I had the Droid Maxx and the Droid Turbo original models. The camera was super slow, anyone came from those notice the camera on the Z Force is faster?
    10-19-2016 08:52 AM
    switched back to a MXPE, loving the bigger screen and dual speakers
    Didn't have the MXPE, but I had a Nexus 6, and every phone I have had since then, I have wished they had that size a screen and dual front speakers
    10-19-2016 08:54 AM
    piggyback on this question - I had the Droid Maxx and the Droid Turbo original models. The camera was super slow, anyone came from those notice the camera on the Z Force is faster?
    I had the MAXX, and while I didn't find that camera to be super slow (the camera on my Nexus 6 is much worse), the Z Force is faster. Not instantaneous, but pretty quick.

Didn't have the MXPE, but I had a Nexus 6, and every phone I have had since then, I have wished they had that size a screen and dual front speakers
    I was actually really glad to downsize from my Nexus 6. It was just a bit unweildy IMO, and I'm surprised I didn't drop it more than the couple times I did (no damage to anything but the case, fortunately.) That's totally just my opinion, though, and I can understand how some people want as much screen as possible.

I've also found that I'll never be satisfied with phone speakers for music, so I quit caring about stereo v mono, etc. It's all tinny garbage sound to me, and I won't listen to music unless it's through a real stereo or headphones. Even the JBL mod is only borderline worth listening to IMO. I may just be spoiled with really nice stereos at home, work, and car.
    10-19-2016 09:25 AM
    I have both Droid turbo 2 and Moto Z force. No protective case, just a belt clip that my naked t2 snaps into perfectly. The t2 feels more comfortable and better balanced in the hand. The naked Moto Z is unbalanced and awkward to hold. If I had to pick one I'd go with the t2. No case needed! I just purchased the Pixel but I think I'll return it. Just can't live without Moto's active display and chop chop for flashlight, a feature I use multiple times a day. The Moto suite of original features makes these two phones the best phone in the world. Turbo 2 or Moto Z force? You can't lose either way but for my daily driver I'll just stay with my Motorola Droid turbo 2!
    01-21-2017 10:54 PM