Weird charging issue

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully this was just an isolated incident, but this morning I went to bed at about 2am, and woke up at 7am with my phone still charging at 70%.

It went up to about 70% from 4% in about 45-50 min, and then I can see from the chart it basically stood at 70-85% for the next 3-4 hours.

I then unplugged and re-plugged and it started going back to normal speed, from 85 to 100 in about 10-15 min.

After that, I was on my phone for about 15 min, and went back to sleep until just now - 11am. The phone was unplugged during this usage and for every minute after that.

I checked again and GSAM did not register the 15 min on the phone at 7am at all.

So I have 2 theories:

1) GSAM is somehow the culprit, because it's clearly not registering the data properly. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

2) I've been using the battery MOD and yesterday I took it off. For the past week it's been charging both the battery Mod and the phone at the same time. This is the first time it was just charging the phone alone. Maybe that caused some type of issue with the calibration?

Anyhow, I'll monitor tonight to see if it happens again...

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem last night. Have you found anything out or had it happen again? I also have GSam installed on my device.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same problem last night. Have you found anything out or had it happen again? I also have GSam installed on my device.
It literally only happened that one time and then never again. Seems like it was a weird flukish thing. I wouldn't worry unless it happens again.

The one thing I remember doing that night, which I haven't done since, is update all my apps in the app store, and then not turn my phone on again until morning. Usually when I do that, I'll check to make sure everything updated, and then clear the notifications, but this one time, I just left it. Obviously there's no way to know if that had anything to do with it, but either way so far it was a one time offense, so I basically stopped worrying about it.

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, it just happened again to me, but this time I was awake. It was charging and stopped at 78 percent and then just trickle charged just enough to hold it at 78 percent, just like it does when it reaches 100 percent. It's like it thought it was fully charged and went to trickle charge to hold it there. The plug was secure. So I then unplugged it and replaced it and it took off and started charging again. I don't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol