Droid Turbo 1 owner here looking to (possibly) upgrade soon. One feature I want is a fingerprint sensor, but I'm wondering how it works with the Moto Voice feature. I currently use a screen pattern security setting on my Turbo. I've gotten so accustomed to asking my Turbo questions and getting answers, for example while watching TV, (example: when was Grace Kelly born? Who led the AL in home runs in 1952?) or getting to the last clues when doing crosswords. I do this with the phone in my pocket or else lying on the table. If I have the Force Z with fingerprint sensor security set up, will I be able to ask the phone questions without scanning my fingerprint? Or will I have to pull it out of my pocket and scan my thumb before Moto Voice will be turned on and active?
    09-16-2016 12:51 PM
    The very short answer is you will be able to use the Z just like you do with your Turbo. You don't have to unlock it to ask it a question.
    09-16-2016 01:15 PM
    Some voice functions do require unlocking to use. For those, it's useful to set up trusted devices & places, so you don't have to unlock your phone as often.
    Connert likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:30 PM
    Some voice functions do require unlocking to use. For those, it's useful to set up trusted devices & places, so you don't have to unlock your phone as often.
    Do you have a list of the functions that require security unlock?

I suppose I could set up my home wifi router as a trusted device and be done with the problem, correct?
    09-16-2016 04:11 PM
    Do you have a list of the functions that require security unlock?

I suppose I could set up my home wifi router as a trusted device and be done with the problem, correct?
    I don't have a list, sorry. Yeah, you can set your home as a trusted place (which it determines largely based off of what WiFi network it's connected to), and you won't have to worry about it while you're at home. Similarly, if your car has bluetooth, you can make the car stereo a trusted device, and not have to worry about it in the car.
    09-16-2016 05:04 PM
    I don't have a list, sorry. Yeah, you can set your home as a trusted place (which it determines largely based off of what WiFi network it's connected to), and you won't have to worry about it while you're at home. Similarly, if your car has bluetooth, you can make the car stereo a trusted device, and not have to worry about it in the car.
    Does the trusted places work with location settings set to low battery consumption or does gps have to be on?
    09-16-2016 05:45 PM
    I think if it can know the location by wifi network, it might not bother with other methods, but I'm not sure.
    09-16-2016 07:12 PM
    Does the trusted places work with location settings set to low battery consumption or does gps have to be on?
    It can be set using the "Battery Saving" mode. I use it for home and my office. Also use it with my Bluetooth headset (LG Tone). Works great, one of the best innovations I've seen.
    09-16-2016 09:08 PM