Moto Z Force not fully charging over night

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having charging issues? I plugged my Z into the stock motorola charger at bed time. When I awoke it was still plugged in but only at 70 percent charge? Any Ideas? Does charging stop during doze?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
No it should be charging fully even if you have a battery mod on too. How old is your phone? You need to have it go in for warranty if it won't fully charge at all. Something is wrong it seems.

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I mean it has charged fully every other time. It's only happened when I plugged it in and didn't touch it and left it sitting over night. When I woke up it had apparently stopped charging at 70 percent. I just found another thread here in this Moto Z Force forum titled "wierd charging issues" that describes the same thing, but he had a bit more detail.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Did you still see the little lighting bolt within the charge indicator that morning or do you recall? If you don't recall, it may have just lost connection at some point and it left it around 70 percent. Especially if it's charging normally now. I've had that happen to my Sony Xperia X where somehow the position of the phone just looses the connection while I'm thinking it's charging. Only happened a couple of times. Hopefully it was just that as that could happen to any of these phones. You also might want to check and see when or after you connect if your port and connection is not tight and wobbles. I believe that might be part of the issue on my Sony. Too much play between the connector and port therefore certain positions it separates for a moment until you move it and it links back together. Just some thoughts or things to check out.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the cable is seating fully. At first with my bumper case, I thought it was, but the case was in the way, and it would sometimes charge, sometimes not.

Has this happened since the one time? Could be a fluke...

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, it happened again but this time I was awake. It was charging and stopped at 78 percent and then just trickle charged just enough to hold it at 78 percent, just like it does when it reaches 100 percent. It's like it thought it was fully charged and went to trickle charge to hold it there. The plug was secure. So I then unplugged it and replaced it and it took off and started charging again. I don't get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1