Best Cases for Moto Z Force

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with the Verizon bumper case, for its ability to be used with mods. I'd say it could work as a "slim" case.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
There are quite a few slim profile cases on Amazon. The TPU rubber ones will fit it like a skin almost but you won't be able to use it with a mod. There are some good ones on there.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Though I was a bit disappointed that it required some light modification to work properly with charging + the style shell that comes with the phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-z-force/705063-bumper-cases-moto-z-force.html
I had read through this thread last week and ordered the Verizon bumper on Friday. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. It seems to be the best option for now, even with having to modify it a bit.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Cimo brand tpu case off Amazon. Real cheap and not slippery in my hand. The photo on Amazon shows a cutout for the pins on the back but mine came without the cutout. Just FYI.

For work I use the otterbox defender with the belt clip. It's the best protection I could find. I'm sure there might be more out there but that's what I like.

I originally got the Verizon bumper case to be able to use the battery. But after seeing the battery life without the mod I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I originally got the Verizon bumper case to be able to use the battery. But after seeing the battery life without the mod I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

I'm in the same boat here. Used the battery mod on day one to test it out, day two was testing the internal battery. For my normal day the internal battery is awesome but when I get it the middle of a project the battery mod will be worth its weight.

I have the leather style back coming and want to be able to enjoy the look and feel but at the same time don't want to damage the frame. So I'll be modifying the bumper until something better comes along.

I wish the leather style back was also a wireless charging mod. No battery pack to add any weight or thickness, just charging.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Though I was a bit disappointed that it required some light modification to work properly with charging + the style shell that comes with the phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-z-force/705063-bumper-cases-moto-z-force.html
I bought the black bumper on release day when I got my phone. I was also disappointed that it needed to be modified to use the charger.
But I just ordered a clear one last week to try the different color. It came in today and works right out of the box with the charger and style shell. The charger port hole is much bigger than the black bumper I have. So they must have fixed the design flaw.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Incipio DualPro for both myself and my wife after trying out both the bumper and the cheap-o Verizon case. I didn't like the cheap feeling of the Verizon case (my Verizon case for my Droid Turbo was very grippy and felt more like silicone than the plasticy feel of the new one). The Incipio is nice, although it isn't all that grippy.

I considered the bumper, but I wasn't happy with the fitment when using it with the shell (as others have said). Ironically, after telling the Verizon saleswomen that people were having problems with that, she said "My husband has this phone, the bumper case works fine," and then proceeded to smoosh the shell on inside the bumper indent. When I pointed out the misalignment with the charging port, she said "No, it will plug in just fine." Sure...

Jimmy10mm

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Moto Z on Saturday. Had a Droid RazrMaxx HD the past couple of years. I'm loving this device. I bought the Tech21 Evo Check case at the VZW store when I picked up the phone. I probably wouldn't have gotten a case at all, but the furnished wooden back is so slippery that I wasn't comfortable with that alone. Tried the nylon and didn't feel it was any better, and they were out of the leather. I'm happy with this case. It is thin enough and grippy. Wraps around the edges of the screen enough to protect it somewhat from dropping or whatever.

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Bumper case does. Everyone has their own needs but I don't see the need for a case to protect the battery mod but that's just me.

The verizon bumper case?
I'm more trying to protect the edges if it drops. I hate if edge gets bent, plus it also helps protect screen edge and my Zagg glass.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yup, so far the Verizon bumper case is the only one I'm aware of that works with the Mods. It protects the edges, and also gives the front a lip so setting the phone down doesn't put the glass against the surface you're setting the phone on.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I ordered these 2 cases off of Amazon.com. The blue one came yesterday and the all black just came minutes ago. Only $7.59 each.

Attachments

• 24597.jpg
    24597.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 33

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance