Z force Screen time?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Still debating whether i should return my Z force, it runs a tad bit hot 94-105 F when using it for browsing as an example. Also want to know people SOT on average. I get about 5 hours sot but that seems low as i have nearly every feature off/ radio/ gesture, my S7E got 7+ for me

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Still debating whether i should return my Z force, it runs a tad bit hot 94-105 F when using it for browsing as an example. Also want to know people SOT on average. I get about 5 hours sot but that seems low as i have nearly every feature off/ radio/ gesture, my S7E got 7+ for me

I'm getting about 7.5 SOT and 41 hours overall.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
^ I think you're quite the overachiever there. Unless one compares identical setups and usage it will be all over the place. But fwiw, about 24 and 6 hours SOT with not a very strong signal.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I presume you want to know SOT to determine how long the battery will last on one charge. Here's my go-to resource for this information. It's a standard, repeatable test done by the same people so comparing across devices should be valid.

Battery life tests - GSMArena.com

It does show the Z Force as having a very slightly better battery than the S7E (U.S. Model).

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
^ I think you're quite the overachiever there. Unless one compares identical setups and usage it will be all over the place. But fwiw, about 24 and 6 hours SOT with not a very strong signal.

Crazy, i have nearly every feature off and all bloat off and radios, et all off, screen brightness no brighter than 20 percent and im only at 4 hours SOT and 36 percent, 7.5 hours he gets and you 6? Interesting why i cant acheieve those numbers

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Crazy, i have nearly every feature off and all bloat off and radios, et all off, screen brightness no brighter than 20 percent and im only at 4 hours SOT and 36 percent, 7.5 hours he gets and you 6? Interesting why i cant acheieve those numbers

It's probably signal related. I spend most of my days in an office or home on WiFi.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Could be the apps you're using. Social media is a big drain. I get about 5 hours SOT on average which is more than enough for my preferences. Even spending that much time looking at my phone on a given day is a little disheartening.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Could be the apps you're using. Social media is a big drain. I get about 5 hours SOT on average which is more than enough for my preferences. Even spending that much time looking at my phone on a given day is a little disheartening.
Did a factory reset and still no better. My S7E battery was a lot better in battery

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Get GSAM battery monitor and then post some battery stats. There may be a reasonable fix or sometimes a particular phone doesn't do as well with a person's usage patterns.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site

Pretty much sums it up.

Me: Wow, I got 5 hours of screen on time at work today!
Wife: So...you were at work for 9 hours and spent 5 of those looking at your phone.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm researching the possibility of getting a new phone. The Note7, Z Force Droid, and Play Z are on my radar. Battery life is of paramount concern for me. I have to chuckle when I go to the Note7 forum and read people's glowing reviews of getting 4 hours SOT and still have 15% battery remaining! They think this is battery awesomeness. If they only knew...

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm researching the possibility of getting a new phone. The Note7, Z Force Droid, and Play Z are on my radar. Battery life is of paramount concern for me. I have to chuckle when I go to the Note7 forum and read people's glowing reviews of getting 4 hours SOT and still have 15% battery remaining! They think this is battery awesomeness. If they only knew...

Lmao, 4 hours is average. I get about 6.5 hours when the battery hits zero but im still returning mine as im pretty sure mine still may be defective as mine runs a bit hot and i see people with better battery life while all my features are off

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the S7e was using less power for more screen time. Perhaps it's more efficient or brightness was different. Battery life is always a slippery slope to navigate.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that the S7e was using less power for more screen time. Perhaps it's more efficient or brightness was different. Battery life is always a slippery slope to navigate.

Ill try out Gsam but that was my SOT with very similar set up to my S7E. I am not sure how the other person is able to achieve 7 hours of screen time with 41 hours of total time, my Z force was about to only get that in less than 24 hrs

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ill try out Gsam but that was my SOT with very similar set up to my S7E. I am not sure how the other person is able to achieve 7 hours of screen time with 41 hours of total time, my Z force was about to only get that in less than 24 hrs
What do you do on your phone for the majority of your SOT? I'm just curious because those #'s are stupendous. Are you mostly playing games, web browsing, texting, watching videos /movies?

I get about 5 hours SOT on the Force without the Battery MOD, but I have 4 emails auto pushing and a bunch of other apps that are syncing as well. I text a fair amount, and on WhatsApp a lot, have games like Clash of Clans in the background that I might jump onto very sparsely if I get a second. I have yahoo news syncing and other sports feeds also giving me notifications regularly as well. I also talk on the phone for work at least 2 hours plus a day, sometimes more.

With all that I can't really come close to 7 hours, and certainly not over the course of 2 days, at least not without the battery Mod.

I'm currently using the battery MOD everyday anyway, so I easily get through the day without even the slightest concern, no matter how much I put my phone though.

But I'm just curious, because I know without the MOD I wasn't getting close to what you're getting on your Edge. Separately, on a side note, I work everyday with a colleague who uses an S7 Edge and has his phone running pretty similar to mine. He's usually looking for a charger at the end of the day whereas I'm never even close, and wasn't ever close before using the battery MOD everyday.

I know usage habits are the biggest factor in battery life for any user, so I'd love to hear what you're using your phone for predominantly in order to achieve such great #'s in terms of SOT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08