Strange glitch/bug

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Today all of a sudden my phone started acting up.

1. Screen all of a sudden had about a 5 second lag. Did not matter what I was doing, playing a game, scrolling a web page, or trying to open an app.

2. While dealing with the sudden lag issues it, the screen would flash black and go to my lock screen. I could be in a web page reading the news trying to scroll down and then it would go black and about 2 seconds later the lock screen would appear. It would unlock, still lagging, but work for a minute but the black screen would reappear several times.

I was connected to 4g, and had a good signal. I powered down and restarted but it continued to happen.

On one of several restarts I looked up the steps to clean the cache and did that. It worked and has been fine since.

Side note several instructions on the steps for cleaning the cache were wrong. I don't recall which ones I got then from but I went about half way down the search list before I found the correct ones.

I figured I would share this in case anyone else has it happen and what worked for me. Don't know why it happened. Could have been an app acting up or who knows.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Today all of a sudden my phone started acting up.

1. Screen all of a sudden had about a 5 second lag. Did not matter what I was doing, playing a game, scrolling a web page, or trying to open an app.

2. While dealing with the sudden lag issues it, the screen would flash black and go to my lock screen. I could be in a web page reading the news trying to scroll down and then it would go black and about 2 seconds later the lock screen would appear. It would unlock, still lagging, but work for a minute but the black screen would reappear several times.

I was connected to 4g, and had a good signal. I powered down and restarted but it continued to happen.

On one of several restarts I looked up the steps to clean the cache and did that. It worked and has been fine since.

Side note several instructions on the steps for cleaning the cache were wrong. I don't recall which ones I got then from but I went about half way down the search list before I found the correct ones.

I figured I would share this in case anyone else has it happen and what worked for me. Don't know why it happened. Could have been an app acting up or who knows.

If you hadn't said you cleared your cache I would have suggested it. Is your storage almost full? And have you ever cleared your cache before?
If you have minimal space and your cache wasn't recently cleared this can be normal.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If you hadn't said you cleared your cache I would have suggested it. Is your storage almost full? And have you ever cleared your cache before?
If you have minimal space and your cache wasn't recently cleared this can be normal.
Do you mind letting me know how to fully clear this on the Force if you don't mind. I know how to go in and clear each app individually but I was unaware of a several step process to clean the entire phone up. I really appreciate the help and knowledge.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you mind letting me know how to fully clear this on the Force if you don't mind. I know how to go in and clear each app individually but I was unaware of a several step process to clean the entire phone up. I really appreciate the help and knowledge.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/112125

To perform a wipe cache partition:

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
  4. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
  6. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  7. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC