Shattershield: Peace of mind

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Note 7 and the horror stories about the slightest of drops cracking the screen, I find great comfort in have the ShatterShield. I put the Verizon flexible glass protector on to keep it from scratching and the black bumper to prevent frame damage.

I definitely don't treat it like it's indestructible, but I also don't sweat the two foot drops it takes from time to time off the arm of my chair. Sometimes it's the small things that make me happy.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Peace of mind

Coming from the Note 7 and the horror stories about the slightest of drops cracking the screen, I find great comfort in have the ShatterShield. I put the Verizon flexible glass protector on to keep it from scratching and the black bumper to prevent frame damage.

I definitely don't treat it like it's indestructible, but I also don't sweat the two foot drops it takes from time to time off the arm of my chair. Sometimes it's the small things that make me happy.

Truth

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Yes I totally agree with your opinion of the Z Force...at the cost of these devices, let alone the time it takes to set up a replacement phone, the shattershield does provide some peace of mind. I've tried to extend comfort to the Note 7 owners at their forum, encouraging them to give the Z Force a try...ouch, they are some angry folks, Lol!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes I totally agree with your opinion of the Z Force...at the cost of these devices, let alone the time it takes to set up a replacement phone, the shattershield does provide some peace of mind. I've tried to extend comfort to the Note 7 owners at their forum, encouraging them to give the Z Force a try...ouch, they are some angry folks, Lol!
Lol, yes they can be. I was one of them, although I don't recall getting angry. I was mostly Samsung Note snobbish. Like, if you don't have a Note, don't talk to me. Lol, little did I know.

I think this "let me try something else while I wait for the replacement Note 7" could hurt Samsung a little. No wonder Samsung was pushing everyone to pickup an S7 while they waited. If they tried something other than Samsung, they might not go back, kinda like me. You don't know what you don't know.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I use the otterbox defender.
So I put it on and my teenager immediately says "let's test it"...... OK why not. We dropped it about 10 ft onto landscaping brick. Not even a scratch. But I've put these cases on everything for about 7 years now so that didn't surprise me.

They were trying to prove to me my argument of “were buying you one next month when I upgrade your phone" wasn't good enough. I haven't heard any complaints since.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I consider myself a logical thinker, not brand loyal at all...had Samsung and LG phones (G2, G3 & G4), HTC 7, etc...Not only was the shattershield a deciding factor, which would allow a thin TPU case, but the huge battery, top of the line specs, Amoled screen, a light UX that just speeds along AND the Moto Mods...my logic concluded that this phone so separated itself from all others that Motorola could have my money!

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

The shattershield is the best thing I have seen out there. No worries about dropping the phone. Love that part about Moto Z force. From what reviews I have seen Note 7 does take up a few drops before completely shattering. But nothing can compare to Moto Z force.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

I still will be mindful not to drop it on concrete, but I don't mind around the house on the hardwood. 3-4x already and not a scratch.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

The shattershield is the best thing I have seen out there. No worries about dropping the phone. Love that part about Moto Z force. From what reviews I have seen Note 7 does take up a few drops before completely shattering. But nothing can compare to Moto Z force.

Yes, the Note 7 has the potential to shatter because it is glass front and back with a curved screen. The Z Force's glass screen is protected by plastic, so they are two very differently designed phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay