10-12-2016 10:27 PM
33 12
tools
    Anyone on the fence between these 2 phones? Or own both and like one better?
    09-26-2016 11:07 PM
    I would stay away from Samsung phones right now, seems a battery issue of some sort is present in the replacement 7s, and also in Note 4s. Just my view on the situation.
    09-27-2016 06:48 AM
    I would go for note7 when they go back on sale
    09-27-2016 07:03 AM
    I had the Note7 and exchanged it for the Z Force and I couldn't be happier. I'm not worried about dropping it and cracking the screen and I don't have a case. It has zero lag and battery life is great (and unbeatable if you have a battery mod of two). The speaker mod is great and I use it more than I thought I would. Both are great phones but I'm not missing the Note7 one bit (although I do miss the secure folder at times).
    skatergirl and Connert like this.
    09-27-2016 07:40 AM
    I'm not brand loyal at all and had a phone from all major players...and I've been around since the "Bag Phone" from the 1980's. If it weren't for the Battery issues of the Note 7 (and studdering lag) it might be a harder call. The Z Force wins on so many fronts though, especially because of the Mods. Looking to the future, new Mods will add freshness, functionality and value to my device, whereas with the Note 7, I could update the case and replace the cracked screen protector(zzzz)...My wife and I both have the Z Force and can swap Mods which comes in handy for Gift ideas...I buy her a new Mod and if I ask nicely, I can use it to, Lol!
    Connert and anon(9227267) like this.
    09-27-2016 08:08 AM
    If the exploding batteries hadn't happened I would have a Note 7 right now. I'm not 'happy' that Samsung has these problems, but very happy that I ended up with the Moto Z force. This is only my third cell phone/smart phone in my 67 years, and all have been Motorola. So I'm pretty familiar with their product, and this is a great phone so far.

I went for the deal of buy two mods when you initially purchase the phone, and I bought the battery and JBL speaker mods. The turbo battery charger is so good, and the battery life on the Z is so long lasting, that I took both mods back for a refund, and will use the $ to get a stand alone bluetooth speaker.
    09-27-2016 08:35 AM
    I had the Note7 and exchanged it for the Z Force and I couldn't be happier. I'm not worried about dropping it and cracking the screen and I don't have a case. It has zero lag and battery life is great (and unbeatable if you have a battery mod of two). The speaker mod is great and I use it more than I thought I would. Both are great phones but I'm not missing the Note7 one bit (although I do miss the secure folder at times).
    I have the Note 7 and love it. My husband has the Z Force and he would agree with the above description.
    09-27-2016 08:51 AM
    I had the Note 7 and returned it due to the battery issue. Got this Z Force as an interim device until the re-release of the Note. Decide after two days with the Z Force I would not be going back.
    YAYTech and HowardL168 like this.
    09-27-2016 12:37 PM
    I had the Note 7 and returned it due to the battery issue. Got this Z Force as an interim device until the re-release of the Note. Decide after two days with the Z Force I would not be going back.
    If it had an led notifications light or ir blaster I'd be in.
    09-27-2016 01:12 PM
    Tried really hard to get rid of this device and go for the note 7 and just couldnt. Screen may be a tad better and camera may focus quicker but the Z force is THE perfect phone. Its beyond quick and easily outperforms the note 7 in every regard. Bloat free and lag free, cant say the same about the Note 7, battery is beyond amazing, get 6+ hours SOT and so is standby time. Clean stock android ui looks a lot better than grace ux too, i had an S7E and i remember i got sick of the phone from touchwiz even though it was an amazing all arounder. The Z force by far even trying a nexus 6P for 10 months which i loved still doesnt perform as the Z force does
    09-27-2016 01:25 PM
    Ditto! I'm super impressed with the Z Force, not brand loyal at all...as a matter of fact, this is my first Motorola phone and I'm Gaga (not Lady Gaga, she probably has a Note 7) with it...I do have to say Bad Romance sounds pretty good with the speaker mod tho, Lol!
    HowardShap likes this.
    09-28-2016 04:49 AM
    This is my first Droid also, and i'm very impressed. I did have the Note 4, but found that i didn't use the stylus(S-Pen), as much as i thought i would. The Note 7 would be great for me, however, i'm not a spy or in the demolition business.LOL
    09-28-2016 08:49 AM
    Any difference in LTE reception between force and sammy products?
    09-29-2016 12:50 PM
    Any difference in LTE reception between force and sammy products?
    Better reception than on my Note 4.๐Ÿ˜›
    09-29-2016 12:55 PM
    That's good to know. My RAZR maxx hd was great but it was a moto moto. I didn't know if the new moto had moto quality radio software. It always was the best
    PowrDroid likes this.
    09-29-2016 12:57 PM
    I returned my force actually, which i regret. I returned it due to it always being warm when in use 24/7. It was always in the 97-105 degree F temperature which, didnt feel hot but could potentially harm battery life as my S7E i have right now runs extremely cool. I had an S7E before too, and they both run the same, always 10-15 degrees cooler than the force. But damn i miss the force a lot, especially the stock ui. Battery is a tad better on the edge though, about an hour extra of screen on time. Hmm i can still return this edge and go back to my force, not sure both phones are beyond amazing
    09-29-2016 04:22 PM
    I haven't seen many posts about the Force running warm consistently. Maybe you got a bum one or some app isn't playing nicely with Moto's UI?
    09-29-2016 04:30 PM
    Maybe. But it ran hotter than my S7E. I eill be taking my edge back agin lol for another force and i will keep the force this time lol. Loved the force
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    09-30-2016 02:48 AM
    The Force will be with you, always.๐Ÿ˜‰
    09-30-2016 07:39 AM
    Which has the better display?
    09-30-2016 07:35 PM
    Which has the better display?
    If you look at a previous post, the poster said the Note 7 screen may be a tad better, which is pretty darn good for the Force as Samsung screens are generally considered the best cell phone screens.
    kmf1 likes this.
    09-30-2016 09:42 PM
    Hey all,

I'm currently on my 2nd Note7 and have been struggling with battery life, so I'm thinking of jumping to a different phone. The Z and Z Force are both really interesting to me, but I'm concerned about the Mods.

There are a couple that are useful (battery and speaker), but the rest are gimmicky. I go back all the way to the Moto Atrix and its "Lapdock" which was a cool idea but not as good IMHO as the idea was.
    Z force or note 7-813xqmkhrml._sl1500_.jpg

I'd love to see a dedicated DAC w/hp jack for the Z, but I haven't been able to find any info or leaks on any new Mods coming out. Anyone have a scoop?

Thoughts? I like a lot about the Note7, but battery anxiety is really killing me.

Thanks!
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-04-2016 12:20 PM
    Hopefully they eventually finish & release the OneCompute mod.

Motorola's OneCompute uses a Moto Mod and a dock to turn the Moto Z into a desktop computer

Also, hopefully the aftermarket picks up on this. I think now that the Z Play is out, and the unlocked versions are coming out, that accessory makers will see the devices are popular, and create for the platform.
    Connert likes this.
    10-04-2016 02:56 PM
    Very cool!
    10-04-2016 03:53 PM
    Powerful hi-fi DAC mod with FM radio.... no rocket science, wonder when someone has the idea to build one
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-05-2016 07:34 AM
33 12