Finally!!! Back cover is here!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ordered this forever ago after it became off preorder. Estimated delivery was about two weeks ago. I actually had intended on calling Motorola and demanding a refund but I forgot lol. FedEx just left. The reason of the delay was that it was held up in customs due to a part number. The absurdity of that blows my mind. It's a flat piece of plastic for a phone. There is no possible way after customs opened the box up could think, oh we need to ensure this is safe lol. Had I known it was coming outside the US, I would have never ordered it. 1474985191405.jpg1474985201601.jpg

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You're lucky you got it. The Motorola web site shows the red one as still sold out. Otherwise, I would have ordered it along with my Incipio wireless charging mod.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the leather one waiting for me at home today. I ordered on the 16th and was also hung up in customs for a part number issue, although the customs delay was only for a day.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I like it, it was well worth the two week wait. I debated between the leather and the red nylon style shells. The black leather is more my style, so I'm happy I went with it. I might still end up with the red one some day just to change it up a bit.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My red nylon was delivered today! Same as you guys, ordered two weeks ago, shipped Friday, held up in customs for a day with missing part number. Can't wait to get home and try it on! I'll be switching back and forth between that and the leather one.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
YAYTech said:
On Z Force, with Verizon bumper

Looks great! Thanks a lot. If I go with the Z Force I would probably get a similar set up.

So, it's glass screen protector, bumper case, Moto Mod shell back.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I also have 2 Incipio shells, and part of me is tempted to stick with using them. On the Moto shells, the camera is totally flush. It's slightly recessed on the Incipios. Makes for a slightly thicker phone, but a bit of protection for the camera. The Incipios have a soft touch, but the red fabric feels great. If it weren't for the camera concern, I'd be all-in on the red back for overall look & feel.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For those who have both the red fabric and the black leather, how would you compare the feel/grip/overall look? I wish the Incipio shells had a little bit of grip to them. I haven't gotten the Incipio battery mod yet either to compare.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I also have 2 Incipio shells, and part of me is tempted to stick with using them. On the Moto shells, the camera is totally flush. It's slightly recessed on the Incipios. Makes for a slightly thicker phone, but a bit of protection for the camera. The Incipios have a soft touch, but the red fabric feels great. If it weren't for the camera concern, I'd be all-in on the red back for overall look & feel.

I bought two of the Incipio (BOGO free) because I lost the back that came with the phone and the red Moto was on back order. I really don't like the Incipio backs at all, way to thick and how the edges met up (big curve at the edges) I just don't like plus they seems slippery to me.

So I went ahead and ordered the red Moto, was supposed to come in on Oct 20th but I got it today a full week ahead of time. Man I love it! It is thin and although not rough it does have texture and is not as slippery.

I used the Incipios for a couple weeks and just didn't care for them. Plus I would say at least twice as thick as the red Moto.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow! That is a huge difference in thickness! I also ordered two Incipio's (BOGO), but I may have to try the black nylon from Moto to compare.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Look great man! Does anyone know if any NFL covers are out there?

AFAIK, so far there's only the Moto and Incipio style shells. Amazon has a number of cases, but for some reason the aftermarket hasn't picked up on the magnetic style shells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835