Considering that the phone only game with a charger that has a cable built into the box, I'm exploring other charging options. My prior phone was micro-usb and I had fast charging cables and wall plugs and car plugs. I bought micro-usb to usb-c adapters, but now nothing is fast charging. I bought a traditional usb-c cable that I plugged into both my home wall charger and my car charger and neither are fast charging. Has anyone found anything to fast charge the Z other than the included charger?

Thanks.
    09-27-2016 10:55 AM
    For "turbo" charging, you need a type c charger, with a c-to-c cable.
    doogald likes this.
    09-27-2016 06:10 PM
    Considering that the phone only game with a charger that has a cable built into the box, I'm exploring other charging options. My prior phone was micro-usb and I had fast charging cables and wall plugs and car plugs. I bought micro-usb to usb-c adapters, but now nothing is fast charging. I bought a traditional usb-c cable that I plugged into both my home wall charger and my car charger and neither are fast charging. Has anyone found anything to fast charge the Z other than the included charger?

Thanks.
    It all depends on what you mean by fast charging. I have tested about 20 different chargers and cables. The ONLY was to get the turbo charging message to show up is to use a USB C to C cable. Does not mean it is actually charging fast. I have seen speeds from 5000 mah to 600 mah with the turbo charging message. The faster speeds coming from the supplied charger. Haven't found one as fast. They may be out there but I've got way too many turbo chargers as is. I think my wife would question my sanity if I bought any more chargers.

I mainly usb A to C or C-C cables depending where I am at. The only way to get the battery mod to charge is using a C-C cable, at any speed.

I hope this helps. I spent way too much time trying to figure this all out when I first got the phone. I was really frustrated and RY and a few others helped out alot. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will try to help, or post here. There's a lot of good people here willing to help.
    09-27-2016 08:24 PM
    To get fast charging where the "turbo" moniker lights up you need to deliver more than 2.4A. I believe micro USB cables are limited to 2.4A, so anything bought to serve that cable output will not turbo charge. You can buy third party 3A chargers that use USB-C to -C cables. These will "turbo" charge. The brick that came with the phone can deliver a whopping 5A.
    10-05-2016 07:30 PM
    I got this charger a couple of days ago because I had the same issue -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0172QQNBY...cUvbUpU5468868

I mainly wanted the turbo charging because it's the only wired charging method that charges my TUMI battery pack. This charger does that, and seems to charge rapidly, but I haven't measured it.
    10-06-2016 08:22 AM