Anybody impressed with the Pixels?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I went from the Droid MAXX to the Nexus 6, and was really disappointed to lose the excellent battery life. I was very happy in going to the Z Force to go back to not thinking much at all about my battery, but just using my phone.

But the Pixel XL has basically the same battery size as the Z Force, with a newer SoC that's slightly underclocked, so are we sure that the battery life is worse?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
After owning my z force for a while. Yes I admit that seeing the pixel sparked my interest, after looking at what the specs were (especially that it was Google built)I was amazed that Google didn't push more of a powerhouse into the pixel. I will be sticking with my z force for quite some time.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
After owning my z force for a while. Yes I admit that seeing the pixel sparked my interest, after looking at what the specs were (especially that it was Google built)I was amazed that Google didn't push more of a powerhouse into the pixel. I will be sticking with my z force for quite some time.

What available hardware would've made it more of a "powerhouse"? It has the top current processor and plenty of RAM...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Compare the z force and the pixel XL

They're very similar in specs and price. There's pros and cons to both

About the only thing I would have wanted in the Pixel XL that's in the Z Force is OIS for the camera. (Well, for me the regular Pixel's smaller size is a huge plus.) It's truly hard to compare, though, since the Pixel still isn't being shipped yet.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
About the only thing I would have wanted in the Pixel XL that's in the Z Force is OIS for the camera. (Well, for me the regular Pixel's smaller size is a huge plus.) It's truly hard to compare, though, since the Pixel still isn't being shipped yet.

Off the top of my head:

Z Force Pros:
Mods
Style (IMO)
Shatterproof screen
Verizon discounts
Higher MP camera (though general picture quality may not be better)

Pixel Pros:
Newer (should be better) processor
Updates & support
Optimization (though the Zs seem to be very well optimized)
Likely clearer photos (though not as high MP)
Available unlocked
Size options

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
If I was buying a Pixel, though, I wouldn't buy it from Verizon. I'd buy from Google - you pay more, but no Verizon bloatware and guaranteed updates directly from Google.

I have a ZForce, IF I were to get a Pixel from Google, would I take the sim card out of the Z, put it in the Pixel and be "good to go"?

I am not familiar how an unlocked phone works.
I do like the idea of getting updates directly from Google w/o any VZW interference

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Can the sim cards be swapped back and forth between phones whenever desired? - thanks for info - my phone knowledge is very lacking.

Yes, I swap my sim between my 6P and force all the time. Sometimes you have to call *228, but most of the time it's good to go as soon as you pop the sim in

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Another question - since the SIM card is swapable, is it possible to have more than one of the same sim so instead of swapping you can just turn on one phone at a time to activate the card in that phone?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Another question - since the SIM card is swapable, is it possible to have more than one of the same sim so instead of swapping you can just turn on one phone at a time to activate the card in that phone?

With the same Verizon account? No. Only one SIM can be active on a line at any time, and once you deactivate a SIM on your account, I am 99% certain it can no longer be reactivated.But, call VZW support to ask for sure.

(You could add a line for $20 a month on a shared plan and then just keep flipping forwarding the two numbers to each other, though. That seems like a lot of work and money, though, rather than just swapping SIMs when you want to change phones.)

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
With the same Verizon account? No. Only one SIM can be active on a line at any time, and once you deactivate a SIM on your account, I am 99% certain it can no longer be reactivated.But, call VZW support to ask for sure.

(You could add a line for $20 a month on a shared plan and then just keep flipping forwarding the two numbers to each other, though. That seems like a lot of work and money, though, rather than just swapping SIMs when you want to change phones.)

"Just swapping" is the easiest and cheapest - just asking - thanks - you people here knows lots of cool stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12