Why are my contacts randomly changing themselves or deleting all together?

Matt_51

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force Droid phone by Verizon Wireless and I have been having contact problems in regards to contacts that have changed names on My Messenger plus app. As well as in my contacts app. When I go to the contact that has a wrong name associated with the number and go to edit the name it shows the original correct name that it should be but when I back out of editing it shows the altered name as the contact I don't know what to do I have found that on some contacts I can delete a letter from the name and retype it in and save it and then when I back out of editing it shows the correct name. My latest encounter with the with the contacts getting changed is that now the number is still correct but when I go to edit the name it shows as it appears on the contact with the wrong name I have backups of my contacts on both Verizon Cloud and Google that way I have a secondary backup in case either goes down. I believe there may be a problem with keeping both a backup on Verizon cloud and Google but I don't know how to fix it without messing up my contacts since not all my contacts are in either my backups between Verizon cloud and Google. Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to fix the situation so that my contacts stay as I had entered them in my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're simultaneously syncing both cloud backups, stop. Pick one and periodically switch to keep the other one in sync. (Google will sync all Google contacts - but not other category contacts - so make sure that all your contacts are "your-google-account", not Device, Phone or SIM.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz