Z Force or Pixel XL

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I like the nougat launcher after playing with both these phones in store yesterday. I also like smaller/more icons screen vs Marshmallow on Moto Z. My Nova Launcher set up looks more like nougat on my Moto X Pure.

It'll be a tough choice for me because both the Z/Z Force and the Pixel XL have their merits. I am pretty hooked on Moto Display and other Moto features

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I was offered a 128gb pixel xl in trade for my Z force. If the z gets the exact same setup as the pixel then they are somewhat the same device. I don't know what to do. Keep the z or get the xl.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was offered a 128gb pixel xl in trade for my Z force. If the z gets the exact same setup as the pixel then they are somewhat the same device. I don't know what to do. Keep the z or get the xl.
I had the same dilemma - went with the Z Force, have become just too enamored with the Moto actions to part with them.

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I use the battery Mod on the Force daily. It's simply amazing. The other day I was on my phone with 4 hours SOT and 5.5 hours on phone calls after 20 hours off the charger. When I went to sleep I had just recently depleted the battery mod and had 72% remaining on the regular battery. That's a serious full day of usage and 72% left... Honestly insane! Using the Mod I generally go to bed with 30% of the Mod remaining and 80% left on the actual battery. It's a game changer. The hardest part is figuring out when to charge my phone. It also charges insanely fast, so I don't like putting it on the charger when I sleep, because with 30% on the Mod and 80% on the battery, it will be back up to full in no time, and I don't like leaving it charging while full.

This is a little off subject but since you use the battery mod heavily, I was wondering if it causes any heat problems with the mod on charging while using the device at the same time. My device already gets warm while streaming video or playing some games. Curious as I am considering getting the battery mod?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I have both, and if I could only choose one I'd go with the pixel XL. These are the things that are better in my mind on the XL:

- In hand feel
- Camera (much better, I could never get my z force camera on the right settings for some reason)
- design (definitely subjective)
- speaker

Battery life has been even for both, which I'm stoked about.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I got a Z Force a few months ago - got a Pixel last month - the Z Force is in the cupboard - too big for my comfort zone - the Pixel is flat azz fast - I am very comfortable with it. YMMV

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have both, and if I could only choose one I'd go with the pixel XL. These are the things that are better in my mind on the XL:

- In hand feel
- Camera (much better, I could never get my z force camera on the right settings for some reason)
- design (definitely subjective)
- speaker

Battery life has been even for both, which I'm stoked about.
Guy flaked out on me. So I'm still looking for one. Using a phone made by Google would be awesome. But there's also nothing wrong with the z force.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered one (Black XL 32GB) from Verizon on a line available for upgrade. I sold off a few old phones I had wasting away in a drawer to cover the cost. So, I'm going to play around with it for a week or two and then give it to one of my kids, unless it just blows me away and I decide to keep it.

Several things about the Z Force that I really like are missing from the Pixel XL. I think it will be nice to play with for a few days but I'm really intending on using it to move away from sprint for the kids. This will be for the first kid that comes off our Sprint contract. I'm going to give project FI a try. If it works out, I'll pick up two more over the next 9 months and move completely over to Project FI and away from Sprint.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered one (Black XL 32GB) from Verizon on a line available for upgrade. I sold off a few old phones I had wasting away in a drawer to cover the cost. So, I'm going to play around with it for a week or two and then give it to one of my kids, unless it just blows me away and I decide to keep it.

Several things about the Z Force that I really like are missing from the Pixel XL. I think it will be nice to play with for a few days.

Please report back with your experiences. I'm particularly interested in comparing battery life between the Z Force and the Pixel XL, but also camera, hand feel, and overall impressions. Definitely interested in what you have to say about them.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Several things about the Z Force that I really like are missing from the Pixel XL. I think it will be nice to play with for a few days but I'm really intending on using it to move away from sprint for the kids. This will be for the first kid that comes off our Sprint contract. I'm going to give project FI a try. If it works out, I'll pick up two more over the next 9 months and move completely over to Project FI and away from Sprint.

this should be a good test, because you seem to love your Z Force, i have read a lot of your posts

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I really do enjoy how smooth and quick the Z Force performs. To go along with that, the battery mod is a very big plus for me. When I get into a large project it normally will include two or three days of equipment installation that requires me to be on the move throughout the day. Having a device that can keep up for some very heavy use is awesome. Add the comfort of the ShatterShield to the mix and it's hard to beat.

I've been so impressed with how well moto has implemented Android (coming from Samsung). That's a big part of the enjoyment for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how well Google uses their own Android in something a little more than a basic configuration.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Pixel XL and the Moto Z-Force Droid. Let me say right off the bat that I think the Moto Z-Force Droid is the best all-around phone. Not only does it already have Android 7.0, but it's a clean version of Android and the Moto Mods make the difference. The camera itself is quite impressive as well on the Moto Z-Force Droid. But that's not to knock the Pixel XL. The Pixel's camera is so super fast as well as the phone and operating itself. It is almost sick how fast it is. Both phones take amazing pictures but I have to give the edge to the Pixel XL because of its super fast Focus and how quickly it takes pictures compared to the Moto Z-Force Droid. But that doesn't mean that camera is bad enough to not use the Moto Z-Force Droid. I'm currently using my Pixel as a daily driver but I may go back to the Moto Z-Force Droid because it's the all-around best phone for me.