10-20-2016 06:45 PM
31 12
tools
    I won't even attempt to compare the Moto Z with the Note 7 (because no other device can touch the N7 with a 10 foot pole).

But just out of curiosity, what Sammy features are you missing that made you switch back?
    I definitely notice a difference in the photo's especially low light or outdoor nighttime shots. Ironically, I never put too much thought into pictures and took for granted my Notes capabilities apparently. Wasn't until I took some shots on the Moto I realized the noticeable difference. When scrolling through My photo gallery.

I found myself continuously hitting the finger print scan button on the Moto expecting it to also act as a home screen button. I suppose I would've gotten used to that over time. Found the volume and power buttons to be oddly place and kept inadvertently turning off the screen. Also would've eventually figured that out too.

I prefer Samsung pay over Android pay. Nice being able to swipe up from any home screen to launch the app. Also, with Samsung pay I can still use it on legacy card readers. I love the look on the cashier's face when he/she tells me "we don't accept Apple pay." my response is "good thing I have a Samsung" as my payment is accepted. Also For some reason neither the Verizon sales rep nor I could load my outlook email without having to install the Outlook app. The stock app simply wouldn't accept my login credentials. I absolutely love the stock Samsung calander, its display and the full screen notifications. Not a fan of Google Calendar and found myself in the play store looking for something to replicate the calander. Wanted multi window. As another poster advised that was coming in the next update but knowing Verizon, who knows when that would be and what else Verizon would tack on I'd end up disabling or unable to remove...

The absence of a blinking notification light was something I'd miss and wished I had back if I were to keep my moto. Nice being able to see from across the room whether or not I have a new message.

TouchWiz had a bad rap, deservedly so. It's been scaled back and in my opinion blends well and is very functional. Just found Moto's too bland and would've had to run a 3rd party launcher. With my Note 7 I never considered another launcher (always ran a different launcher on my note 2,3 and 4).

All of the above I could have likely lived with but The biggest deal breaker for me was the low earpiece and speaker volume for voice calls, alerts and text messages. I found I needed to position the phone perfectly over my ear to hear a conversation. Also was in zedge looking for loud alert sounds for notifications. While in a restaurant I had to twice step out to hear the caller on the other end. Not used to having to do that. It was possible I had a bad device but figured if that were the case I'd might as well get an S7E if I were going to get another phone. For sure the z is a premium device and the gestures are nice. It's a very comfortable phone to hold knowing the screen is shatter proof!

Hope this doesn't come across as being nitpicky. I really wanted the Moto Z to work for me. Still annoyed with the handling of the Note 7 matter.

While some of the above are personal preferences I believe you should get what works best for you considering the cost of these high end devices.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-19-2016 12:42 AM
    I absolutely love the stock Samsung calander, its display and the full screen notifications.
    I am glad I read your review. I have had the S7 Edge since launch waiting on the Note 7, then it of course had problems. Since I was already planning on a change, I had been considering getting a Moto Z Force or the LG V20. The Samsung calendar in my opinion is the epitome of what a phone calendar should be. I love it, and is why I probably can never leave Samsung. No one seems to replicate it, and no one seems to do full screen notifications. I even started a post here looking for an alternative

The biggest deal breaker for me was the low earpiece and speaker volume for voice calls, alerts and text messages. I found I needed to position the phone perfectly over my ear to hear a conversation.
    I had this issue on the original Droid Turbo, and it was my fear for this phone as well.
    10-19-2016 10:01 AM
    So I couldn't get an Edge to replace my Note 7 for 2 weeks because of back order... pulled the trigger on Z force. It's been a while for me since being on a moto phone. Size is perfect for me.

Is anyone using Ringo pro to add custom tones to your SMS on Z force ? I am trying to get some of those custom features back from Samsung. Also what SMS app is working best for you on Z force ?

It's going to take time to get used to but I really like this phone so far.
    Issemann likes this.
    10-19-2016 04:39 PM
    So I couldn't get an Edge to replace my Note 7 for 2 weeks because of back order... pulled the trigger on Z force. It's been a while for me since being on a moto phone. Size is perfect for me.

Is anyone using Ringo pro to add custom tones to your SMS on Z force ? I am trying to get some of those custom features back from Samsung. Also what SMS app is working best for you on Z force ?

I use Hangouts for SMS, but that's largely because the phone number I use most is a Google Voice number, so I can get texts to my Verizon number and my Google Voice number in the same app.
    Issemann and Mark8768 like this.
    10-19-2016 04:54 PM

The Verizon app Message+ can do just about anything. It's highly customizable and you can received texts on your PC or tablet. I tried several texting apps before settling on Message+ because it could do everything.

One thing about custom tones in Message+ is that you assign them once you receive a text from one of your contacts, you can't do it until/unless they send you a text (at least that's the way it was over a year ago when I started using Verizon Message+.) Essentially, you assign a text tone to a contact inside a conversation.
    10-20-2016 12:02 PM
    The Verizon app Message+ can do just about anything. It's highly customizable and you can received texts on your PC or tablet. I tried several texting apps before settling on Message+ because it could do everything.

One thing about custom tones in Message+ is that you assign them once you receive a text from one of your contacts, you can't do it until/unless they send you a text (at least that's the way it was over a year ago when I started using Verizon Message+.) Essentially, you assign a text tone to a contact inside a conversation.
    Thanks ! Didn't even know message plus had that option !
    10-20-2016 06:45 PM
31 12