Moto Z Force Camera lens... Glass or plastic?

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Does does anyone know if the Moto Z-Force camera lens is glass or plastic? Does it scratch? As we all know the camera sticks out there and definitely puts itself In Harm's Way. Anybody's input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does does anyone know if the Moto Z-Force camera lens is glass or plastic? Does it scratch? As we all know the camera sticks out there and definitely puts itself In Harm's Way. Anybody's input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have never seen a plastic lens on a phone. But that being said, it doesn't mean glass can't be scratches. Even the most high quality camera lenses can be scratched. Good case ( A company that has taken the lens sticking out into a consideration ) would make the case stick out past to avoid issues?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen a plastic lens on a phone. But that being said, it doesn't mean glass can't be scratches. Even the most high quality camera lenses can be scratched. Good case ( A company that has taken the lens sticking out into a consideration ) would make the case stick out past to avoid issues?

Moto style shells make the camera flush with the rest of the back. Incipio style shells are a little thicker & protect the camera. It's all a matter of personal preference & the trade off of thickness for protection.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This review of the Moto Z (not the force) does a scratch test that shows that it is glass. I assume that the Z Force is the same. There is no indication if it is sapphire glass or not (which would be more scratch resistant than gorilla glass.)

BTW, it's a bit disappointing that the fingerprint sensor scratches so easily...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ITWX9BzQc

(camera test around 2:00...)

ksefan

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have several hairline scratches on my camera lens luckily there are none where the camera is though. My slickwrap finally came after a 3 week wait and now I have that on protecting the lens from further scratches

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have several hairline scratches on my camera lens luckily there are none where the camera is though. My slickwrap finally came after a 3 week wait and now I have that on protecting the lens from further scratches
Any chance you could post pictures?