I went up to Best Buy trying to see the LG V20, but they didn't have any out yet.

They did have the Moto Z Force stuck in with the regular Verizon phones. But they had a separate display with the Moto Z and the Moto Z Play along with all the Mods out so you can see how they work.

I have to say that is pretty cool. Now I'm back to wanting one of these, but Best Buy just has a deal for a free projector that I would never use. And it is too high at the moment. Hopefully a price drop comes up.

They did not have the Z and Z force side by side. i was hoping to compare the screens in person. Some complaint online say that shattershield screen is not that nice, but it looked good to me. However it is hard to tell in a store and not getting real world use
    10-20-2016 08:33 PM
    I felt the same way when I saw it in Best Buy last week. I was so impressed with the stock Android feel and smooth UI that I decided to give it a shot. (It helped that I got a free Incipio wireless charging batter mod and $150 gift card!)

I have to say that after 5 full days of use, it's grown on me. I knew that I had 14 days to return it and the Pixel would be available today. I took a walk over to my local Verizon store to check it out.

Don't get me wrong, the Pixel was super fast and felt great in my hand, but it didn't really "wow" me at all. If the Z gets Nougat, I think it will make for a better overall device.
    10-20-2016 09:15 PM
    I don't like how light the pixel feels. It doesn't feel premium like the Z. I love my Z Force. The shattershield is fine. Must must must have a screen protector. Dropped mine on the sidewalk yesterday and only a scuff on the corner. Nice.
    10-20-2016 09:29 PM
    Must must must have a screen protector.
    I heard that the shattershield has a thin layer that can be replaced. If that's true, I'm going without a screen protector.
    10-20-2016 09:32 PM
    I heard that the shattershield has a thin layer that can be replaced. If that's true, I'm going without a screen protector.
    But neither Motorola nor Verizon are selling the replacement lens at the moment (at least online; the Turbo 2 version is sold out, and there is no listing for the Z Force replacement lens), so I'd suggest the screen protector for now.
    Issemann likes this.
    10-20-2016 10:01 PM
    Easier and cheaper to use a glass screen protector plus you get the smooth glass feel.
    10-20-2016 10:06 PM
    Easier and cheaper to use a glass screen protector plus you get the smooth glass feel.
    Is the actual one noticeable? Because I did not notice it, so I wonder if it had been removed and I was just seeing the regular screen.

Can you use it without the top removable layer?
    10-21-2016 05:07 AM
    You can use it without the top removable layer but it voids the screen warranty. Moto did a much better job this time with the Shattershield technology. There's not much difference to me compared to the regular Z screen.
    doogald likes this.
    10-21-2016 06:42 AM
    If the Z gets Nougat, I think it will make for a better overall device.
    Supposed to be sometime in Q4, so hopefully they follow through & we have a merry Nougat Christmas.
    Issemann likes this.
    10-21-2016 10:14 AM
    I went to "my" best buy the other day to see if the Pixels were out yet and they actually removed the Zs from the display they were on.
    10-21-2016 07:30 PM
    The G4 Plus is getting Nougat now; so I'm pretty sure the Z series should get it soon
    10-23-2016 12:14 AM
    You can use it without the top removable layer but it voids the screen warranty. Moto did a much better job this time with the Shattershield technology. There's not much difference to me compared to the regular Z screen.
    how do you remove the top layer?
    10-23-2016 06:27 AM
    Here's some instructions on how to remove the top layer. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/108328 I don't think it voids your warranty since they actually sell replacement "top layers"
    10-23-2016 09:23 AM
    I don't think it voids your warranty since they actually sell replacement "top layers"
    The warranty is only void if the display is damaged without the shattershield lens in place.

So far there is not an online SKU for the Z Force shattershield lens replacement, though I do not know if Motorola can or cannot sell you one if you call them.
    10-23-2016 10:53 AM