How is the signal strength in a z force. I currently have a pixel xl and that replaced my note 7, but I'm having wifi issues with my pixel connecting to the captive portal at my job. Thinking of getting a z force. Any other pros to the z force that might make me tilt that way?
    10-25-2016 11:13 AM
    I don't have the Z Force, since I am not on VZW, but I have the unlocked Moto Z on AT&T and I also have the Pixel XL. I will likely return the Pixel, but I have not decided yet. I really like the Z. The Pixel does not have the fingerprint reader on the front, ambient display and the Z is just as fast, if not faster. If you want Google Assistant, the Pixel is better -- I do not use it and have heard that it is not very good, yet. The Pixel is also on Nougat, but the Z line is rumored to be getting it. The Pixels will be updated much more frequently than the Z line, without a doubt. I still prefer the Z. Both have good cameras. I like the form factor of the Z better. The Pixel XL is blocky and not very attractive, in my opinion. If you go to the Pixel forum and say anything other than singing the praises of the Pixel you will be lambasted, but I have had every phone out there for the last few years and I think the Z line is very near the top of the list.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-25-2016 06:10 PM
    How is the Moto z cellular reception compared to the pixel
    10-25-2016 08:17 PM
    It seems to be about the same on AT&T. Neither phone shows as good of signal strength as the Samsung phones, but they are comparable to most others. It seems like most of the people having problems with the Pixels are on Verizon.
    10-25-2016 10:10 PM
    I would say that my Moto Z signal strength is better than the HTC 10 and Samsung S7 Edge from my own real world usage.

I have had 3 Samsung phones in the last year and would say that WiFi is definitely an issue Samsung needs to get hold of. The S7 Edge was fixed by an update but the 2 S6 Edges I had were horrible.
    10-26-2016 03:43 PM
    Mod note. I moved this thread to the Z Force forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.
    10-26-2016 07:59 PM
    Well I'll put it to you this way. I was on at&t for a long time and had 1 bar of service in my own house it really pissed me off for a long time. 2 weeks ago I talked the wife and kids into switching to Verizon they got iPhone 7's and I got the Moto Z Force. I have full reception in my own house and I am very pleased with this phone, very fast. I'm never looking back.
    10-26-2016 09:58 PM
    Well I'll put it to you this way. I was on at&t for a long time and had 1 bar of service in my own house it really pissed me off for a long time. 2 weeks ago I talked the wife and kids into switching to Verizon they got iPhone 7's and I got the Moto Z Force. I have full reception in my own house and I am very pleased with this phone, very fast. I'm never looking back.
    To be fair, that's probably more of a difference between carriers than an indication of how well this phone picks up signal. But my experience has been quite good so far with signal strength on the Z Force.
    10-27-2016 12:54 PM
    On my drive to and from work I go through an area where I have always been down to 1 bar or none. If I was on the phone, I'd have to warn my caller that I was likely to drop them and I'd call them right back when I cleared this particular area. All that was with a Samsung Note 5 and 7. Now with the Z Force I have 3 bars and haven't dropped a call.
    anon(9227267), benjamminh and Gebo like this.
    10-28-2016 05:51 AM
    I have great service everywhere I go with my Z Force 3 bars or more everywhere pretty much. I'm in the Baltimore/DC area
    10-28-2016 11:01 AM
    Side by side with my S7e I don't notice much of a difference.
    PortablePete likes this.
    10-30-2016 09:03 AM