I have been doing a lot of reading and researching the last few weeks and it looks like Blackberry is going 100% GSM and AT&T just ain't "cutting the mustard" where I live and travel. I had to go back to Verizon. I looked at iPhone 7+, Samsung 7 Edge, HTC10 and the Z Force. While I was talking to the Verizon Rep and transferring my 2 numbers from AT&T back to Verizon, I asked her what she was using. She said she had been a Samsung girl for years but had recently gone with the Z Force. She did a great job in selling me as I started focusing in on the Z Force. Just got back from the Verizon Store where I played around with the Z Force, Samsung & Edge and iPhone 7+. I made a decision to go with the Moto Z Force.

Since I have never had an Android device, I would like any suggestions as to what you would do if you were me upon receiving the phone. I read a lot about "Verizon Bloatware". I read about getting rid of the Verizon search ware and adding Google's search ware. Understand, I am ignorant and Im read so much the last few days I am tired. Do you have any advice? I'll probably do the Otterbox Commuter and some type of tempered glass protector. Of course, I have read those threads. Remember, I have ONLY used iOS and BB10 phones my entire life.

I appreciate your help!
    11-05-2016 03:59 PM
    Welcome! I use both platforms but Android is so customizable which is fun. How do you like the force so far? It's a very nice phone. A rep at our store had one too.
    11-05-2016 05:16 PM
    If you got the Force you the Verizon flexible glass screen protector and have them install it
    Connert likes this.
    11-05-2016 09:17 PM
    As far as cases go...bumper cases allow space for the mods.
    Connert likes this.
    11-05-2016 09:19 PM
    Welcome! I use both platforms but Android is so customizable which is fun. How do you like the force so far? It's a very nice phone. A rep at our store had one too.
    I don't have it yet. I should have it very soon.
    11-05-2016 10:05 PM
    As far as cases go...bumper cases allow space for the mods.
    Thanks! I had not thought of that.
    11-05-2016 10:06 PM
    Do y'all have any advice on starting up? Maybe I should ask this in a general forum.
    11-05-2016 10:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Check out my Getting Started guide (but please pardon the dust -- I'm in the process of updating it from last year, when Lollipop was the latest OS!)

Regarding bloatware -- if you never use it, you can usually Disable it in the Settings>Apps menu. Select the app there, then tap the Disable button. This will uninstall any updates to it (reverting it to the factory version), and then prevent the system from opening it. Although you can't completely remove it, you can at least prevent it from updating (which typically makes the app larger). And since the system will never open it, it won't cause any potential interference with the system or any other app.
    11-06-2016 12:59 AM