11-12-2016 10:51 PM
29 12
tools
    Does it annoy you too? The phone is a Motorola, just because it's owned by Lenovo, doesn't mean it IS one. I don't get why all reviewers keep saying g it is a Lenovo when it's a Motorola. That would be like someone reviewing an Acura RLX for example and keep referring g to it as a Honda

What are your thoughts?
    11-08-2016 07:22 AM
    I really never noticed. (Just two mentions of Lenovo, in passing, referring of the sale of Motorola.) Honestly, I don't really care. (Also, technically Lenovo decided to change the Motorola name to Moto earlier this year.)

Motorola's management from before the sale have all left, and a Lenovo manager now runs the division, so it's probably accurate anyway.
    11-08-2016 09:26 AM
    Doesn't bother me one bit. I already bought the phone. I have no use for reviews.
    11-08-2016 10:43 AM
    What I worry about:

- World Hunger and Disease
    - ISIS
    - Domestic terrorism
    - Getting shanked
    - That we are doomed for four more years
    - Snakes in my shoes before I put them on

So no, reviews saying my phone is Lenovo and not Motorola does not annoy me. Lenovo bought Motorola and it might still be made by the same Chinese workers getting paid $.07 a day as before, but in the end, its a phone.
    11-08-2016 10:47 AM
    I don't mind. I know this is still Motorola.
    11-08-2016 11:13 AM
    11-08-2016 11:49 AM
    Makes sense, especially for markets where the Motorola branding (moto, gullwing logo) are more recognizable for phones than Lenovo.
    anon(9227267) likes this.
    11-08-2016 12:06 PM
    Moto Z boot screen also says Lenovo. It's not inaccurate.
    11-08-2016 10:57 PM
    Nope, I have a Lenovo (IBM) laptop and it is one of the best built laptops I've had in a long time. So having a phone that is Lenovo (Motorola) is no problem for me. Now, if they start cutting corners in the future and build quality goes down or anything else for that matter, then yes, I'd be very unhappy with them.

But what I took from the Note 7 debacle was to stop being brand loyal and look around with an open mind before making a purchase.
    11-09-2016 05:21 AM
    Doesn't bother me, I have a Lenovo desktop I use. To me the only remaining Motorola is Motorola Solutions, lol and that is because that is where my paycheck comes from...
    11-09-2016 03:32 PM
    What I worry about:

- World Hunger and Disease
    - ISIS
    - Domestic terrorism
    - Getting shanked
    - That we are doomed for four more years
    - Snakes in my shoes before I put them on

So no, reviews saying my phone is Lenovo and not Motorola does not annoy me. Lenovo bought Motorola and it might still be made by the same Chinese workers getting paid $.07 a day as before, but in the end, its a phone.
    Agreed, though I would rank snakes in your shoes higher. I once spent a week camping in the Negev desert in Israel, and the first night our group leader told us to check our boots each morning for snakes and scorpions. I opted just to sleep in the boots, with a hoodie practically pulled over my whole face. I would rank scorpions and snakes in any of my clothes far higher, because that has become a legitimate phobia ever since that experience.
    hotshotazn likes this.
    11-10-2016 10:37 AM
    Agreed, though I would rank snakes in your shoes higher. I once spent a week camping in the Negev desert in Israel, and the first night our group leader told us to check our boots each morning for snakes and scorpions. I opted just to sleep in the boots, with a hoodie practically pulled over my whole face. I would rank scorpions and snakes in any of my clothes far higher, because that has become a legitimate phobia ever since that experience.
    I kid you not, snakes popping out of random places keeps me up at night. Like opening your toilet only to see Mr. Snake poking his head through. I remember reading a news story on that 20 years ago and quickly learned how to speed poo.
    11-10-2016 10:50 AM
    No . I think it bothers me more when you read the comparison articles and they totally ignore the Z Force when it's easily as good as the other top tier phones .
    11-10-2016 06:17 PM
    No . I think it bothers me more when you read the comparison articles and they totally ignore the Z Force when it's easily as good as the other top tier phones .
    Totally agree, I have a Pixel XL and the Z Force. After a few days playing around with the Pixel, I couldn't wait to get back to my Z Force. Passed the Pixel down to one of my kids.
    jesta192 likes this.
    11-10-2016 06:54 PM
    Also agreed

It hardly gets any props from AC or Droid Life, but it should be in the conversation every time
    Connert and jesta192 like this.
    11-10-2016 08:23 PM
    Z Force isn't considered because it's a Verizon exclusive.
    doogald and Connert like this.
    11-10-2016 09:52 PM
    Z Force isn't considered because it's a Verizon exclusive.
    Are you sure? I thought there was a Moto Z Force, which could be used on several carriers, and the Moto Z Force Droid, which was Verizon exclusive.
    1Coopgt likes this.
    11-10-2016 10:37 PM
    Are you sure? I thought there was a Moto Z Force, which could be used on several carriers, and the Moto Z Force Droid, which was Verizon exclusive.
    There are 5 Moto Zs: Moto Z Play, Moto Z Play DROID, Moto Z, Moto Z DROID, and Moto Z Force Droid.

There is no non-Droid Moto Z Force.
    benjamminh and doogald like this.
    11-11-2016 12:18 AM
    The Moto Z Force can be used on other carriers, although you might be missing a few bands. But it's still a Verizon exclusive and that perturbs the cognoscenti at several Android websites. So it's not judged on its own merits because of this.
    11-11-2016 06:57 AM
    Totally agree, I have a Pixel XL and the Z Force. After a few days playing around with the Pixel, I couldn't wait to get back to my Z Force. Passed the Pixel down to one of my kids.
    How does the Force compare to the Pixel XL in terms of battery life and camera?
    11-11-2016 07:36 AM
    The Moto Z Force can be used on other carriers, although you might be missing a few bands. But it's still a Verizon exclusive and that perturbs the cognoscenti at several Android websites. So it's not judged on its own merits because of this.
    It is definitely optimized for CDMA and Verizon's LTE bands, though, and comes with Verizon-specific apps that you cannot remove and are unnecessary on another carrier. The unlocked versions of the Z phones are not that way.

I certainly would not suggest to anybody that they buy a Z Force to use on a carrier other than Verizon, except for an extremely knowledgeable user. Sites like Android Central are probably an even split between technically proficient users and users who are not so curious technically about their phones. AC also has a list of best Verizon phones, and the Droids are on that list.
    11-11-2016 08:46 AM
    I wouldn't recommend anyone doing that either but it can certainly be done. As for the Verizon specific apps, they can either be deleted or disabled. The bloat argument is now tired and weak.
    jesta192 and tadpoles like this.
    11-11-2016 09:02 AM
    How does the Force compare to the Pixel XL in terms of battery life and camera?
    Here are a few photos and my opinion on several comparisons between the two.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=742568
    11-11-2016 09:07 AM
    As for the Verizon specific apps, they can either be deleted or disabled. The bloat argument is now tired and weak.
    Almost every non-technical user I know has no idea what disabling an app means, or even that it can be done, or how. Bring this phone to T-Mobile and you have apps for Verizon, Verizon Cloud, Verizon Messages, Verizon Navigation, etc., that are useless or redundant. So, it's tired to you, I can get by, but there are ways for Verizon to provide these apps without forcing them onto the full Android build, when a Verizon SIM is inserted into the phone, but Verizon chooses not to do it that way. (Well, none of the carriers do, but we are talking about a Verizon proprietary phone here.) See https://source.android.com/devices/t...g/carrier.html and https://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-apps (see update at the bottom.)

If there was even a Z Force version specific to AT&T, T-Mobile and/or Sprint, like the Samsung Galaxy phones, I bet the phone would be listed more often as a top phone.
    11-11-2016 10:09 AM
    It is tired, it is old, most of these phones have plenty of memory for the users you're describing. They probably don't know how to change their home screen or use widgets. It's an elitist attitude, for example when people say they actually use the Verizon messaging app you'd think they were technical rubes or something when it's actually a pretty good app.
    11-11-2016 10:29 AM
29 12