My 2 Z Forces (black and white) have been shipped and on their way. I couldn't pass up the "buy one-get one free" from Verizon.

This USB-C thing confuses me and I hope you can help me understand. I understand it's just a type of cable that allows you to simply insert without having an up or down side. I'm good here. But if I want to be able to "Turbo Charge" my Z Force do I need a USB-C cable with USB-C connector on both ends? OR can I keep on using my current chargers (auto and night stand) with the regular USB ports and use a cable with the regular USB on one end with the USB-C on the phone end and still get "turbo charging"?

In other words, what is the very best cable I can buy to guarantee the quickest charge? Does it have to be USB-C on both ends to maximize charge rate?

What do you use on your night stand to charge and hold the phone as a night time clock? Do you use a cradle of some sort?

What is the best car charger you have found that works the best for the Z Force and iPad/iPhones?

I was told that buying a tempered glass protector was a waste of money because the Z Force has the shatterproof glass. "They" said to just purchase a flexible scratch protector for the front. Is this true?
    11-11-2016 06:35 AM
    First, you have to be careful about USB-C cables, though things are better now than they were. See https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...s-usb-c-cables

Yes, there are cables that have a USB type A connector (the kind found on almost every computer these days) on one end and a USB-C connector on the other. For charging, you really are best off using the cable and charger that shipped with the phone.

When it comes to buying cables, I find that Anker makes cables that are reliable, long-living and compliant. I'm not sure about car chargers in particular, but I would trust one made by Anker, and you can find them easily on Amazon.
    11-11-2016 07:28 AM
    I am definitely gonna use the chargers that come with the phones. I guess I'm more concerned about the car chargers. I realize my computer hookups will have the USB A on one end. Since I already have USB A car chargers, I was wondering if I should purchase new car chargers with the USB-C connector hook ups?

From what I have read, Anker seems to be the "best" overall cable company.

Thank you for your advice!
    11-11-2016 07:48 AM
    Definitely buy the Flex Glass Screen Protector from Verizon. Just because the phone's screen is shatterproof doesn't mean it's not scratch proof. It actually scratches quite easily. The Flex Glass is the only one I've found that will lay down without any bubbles. The phone comes with a turbo charger which I use for the bedroom. Buy an Anker USB C cable for use in the car.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-11-2016 09:42 AM
    Definitely buy the Flex Glass Screen Protector from Verizon. Just because the phone's screen is shatterproof doesn't mean it's not scratch proof. It actually scratches quite easily. The Flex Glass is the only one I've found that will lay down without any bubbles. The phone comes with a turbo charger which I use for the bedroom. Buy an Anker USB C cable for use in the car.
    The Anker C cable, is it USB on one end and USB-c on the other? Did you buy a car charger with just USB-C ports?

Thanks for your advice!
    11-11-2016 09:58 AM
    I guess I'm more concerned about the car chargers.
    on the verizon wireless website they sell a fast car charger with a usb c connection, that is waht I use
    mobrules likes this.
    11-11-2016 01:13 PM
    It took me about 2 weeks to find charger setups that worked for me.
    1. The only way I've ever been able to have it say Turbo charging is using USB-C to USB-C cables. It might only be charging at 300 mah but still says Turbo.
    2. I actually get faster charging speeds using USB A to USB C cables with a USB 2 and 3 fast chargers.
    3. Vehicle charging I use USB A to micro usb cables with Choetech micro usb to USB C adapters. The chargers I have been using are various 2.0 fast chargers.

I do have the Verizon car charger USB C. But hardly use it. I also have the Verizon USB C charger for home but it's usually in my work bag.

Your mileage may vary. These are just what I've found that works for me. I had a bunch of micro usb cables and find the little connectors work pretty much everywhere. But be sure you read reviews. The first set I ordered didn't work.
    11-11-2016 06:37 PM
    This is a bit redundant from what others have said, but just a review:

Included charger (with non-removable cable): fastest charging - no aftermarket charger so far seems to be capable of matching it. Maybe a Macbook USB-C charger... maybe.

Aftermarket USB-C charger with proper cable (Type-C to Type-C): Fast charging, "turbo charging"

Any USB-A charger with USB-A to USB-C cable: can be somewhat fast to charge, but will not be labeled as "turbo charging". Same goes for any micro-usb to USB-C adapters.
    mobrules and Gebo like this.
    11-11-2016 07:39 PM
    As far as screen protectors go, the Verizon flexible glass screen protector is pretty great
    11-11-2016 08:49 PM