Android 7.0 Nougat for the Moto Z Force Droid

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my Verizon Z Force yesterday and love it! Notification changes are great, split screen works amazingly! The phone feels snappier and will keep an eye on battery life. No problems here.

TigerCourage

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This is the problem that I have with Nougat... I don't know if it's only my device. It stutters a lot when scrolling. Make sure you watch the video en 720p and 60fps to be able to see the problem.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Camera seems to be faster. It doesn't default to the low light setting, telling you to "hold steady" while taking a photo nearly as much. It makes the shutter lag almost zero as advertised for most shots and I haven't noticed any downgrade in quality.

TigerCourage

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Managed to solve the issue by disabling "Swype up to shrink screen" in the Moto app > Actions . Now it's running super good. The Moto App needs an update to fix that but other than that I am super happy with Nougat 😍😍

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My Force is also faster after disabling shrink screen. I also finally wiped the cache partition and I'm hoping for better battery life. It's embarrassing how many times I had to go through the steps. Guess I'm not coordinated enough lol.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My Force is also faster after disabling shrink screen. I also finally wiped the cache partition and I'm hoping for better battery life. It's embarrassing how many times I had to go through the steps. Guess I'm not coordinated enough lol.
Didn't notice any difference myself...

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It definitely had a stutter. Even a Moto employee at the Motorola discussion forums saw it.
I wouldn't assume this is affecting everybody equally. I tried my best to get this thing to stutter and went into the moto settings turning this feature on and off to see if there was any discernible difference and quite possibly a direct connection. There are so many variables at play and other apps likely interplaying depending on what people have on their phones. It could be that this feature is interacting negatively with a specific app that many people have downloaded, which I don't.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't assume this is affecting everybody equally

This may be the case. Also, some people are just not as particular about these things. I showed my wife the difference and she did not notice any changes. It is clear as day to me, but to her there was no stutter to begin with :)

KenneyP

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Just finished with Verizon support and with out even trying any fixes, they wanted me to send them the phone and they would replace it and charge 299.00 if any damage to the phone was found. It's a brand new moto-z droid play! - oy. With my phone the error instantly re-popped up so I had to use one hand to keep closing error and the other hand to follow your instructions. So far, so good. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Just finished with Verizon support and with out even trying any fixes, they wanted me to send them the phone and they would replace it and charge 299.00 if any damage to the phone was found. It's a brand new moto-z droid play! - oy. With my phone the error instantly re-popped up so I had to use one hand to keep closing error and the other hand to follow your instructions. So far, so good. :)

This is a thread about Nougat for the Z Force Droid, not the Z Play Droid.