What is a good headset for daydream?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Daydream View?

I have the DayDream view for being an early Pixel adopter. But I recently had to give up the Pixel due to Bluetooth issues and the fact the camera, while fast, isn't all it is made up to be. I can say that the Z Force with 7.0 runs the DayDream perfectly.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the DayDream view for being an early Pixel adopter. But I recently had to give up the Pixel due to Bluetooth issues and the fact the camera, while fast, isn't all it is made up to be. I can say that the Z Force with 7.0 runs the DayDream perfectly.
So you have the Z Force now? How is its camera compared to the Pixel?

I'm about to get the View for my Z Force so that's good news.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So you have the Z Force now? How is its camera compared to the Pixel?

I'm about to get the View for my Z Force so that's good news.

Don't want to take topic off subject but I'll say first up, the Moto Z Force works great with the DayDream. It does hang out but you still get a full view of the VR experience. The DayDream does have some light bleed because it just doesn't fit as firmly as a Gear VR but the daydream controller is what sets this apart from the GearVR.

I will PM you on the camera...

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to take topic off subject but I'll say first up, the Moto Z Force works great with the DayDream. It does hang out but you still get a full view of the VR experience. The DayDream does have some light bleed because it just doesn't fit as firmly as a Gear VR but the daydream controller is what sets this apart from the GearVR.

I will PM you on the camera...
Thank you, and good point about getting off subject.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there even an option other than Daydream View? I know there are other "VR Headsets" out there, but if they don't have a compatible remote, they're probably not going to work with Daydream. Also, reviews have made the Daydream View sound uber comfy and totally worth the $79. Mine should be arriving Monday...

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried this but...

The hold up with Daydream is the remote. THIS can use another phone to emulate it.
Then you just need a cardboard viewer.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried this but...

The hold up with Daydream is the remote. THIS can use another phone to emulate it.
Then you just need a cardboard viewer.

That's probably actually a terrible option for any kind of regular use. You can't see the screen of the screen that's your remote (and obviously can't feel where your hand is on the remote), and most phones are too big & bulky to be at all comfortable to hold & use properly. It might be interesting to play with a bit, but the Daydream View is a really nice viewer for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair