Twice I had that happen...was it a bogus website doing that?
    11-26-2016 04:01 PM
    Most likely - "virus notifications" are usually viruses themselves, unless they come from your anti-virus app.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-26-2016 04:18 PM
    Cheetah Mobile is also notorious for making spoof ads like this to funnel traffic to their suite of apps.
    11-26-2016 04:20 PM
    Cheetah Mobile is also notorious for making spoof ads like this to funnel traffic to their suite of apps.
    I think that what it was
    maxman1 likes this.
    11-26-2016 05:00 PM
    I've had a couple of these. Clicking OK sends you to the website wanting you to install software to clean and protect. I get it when I use Google Now reading some of the articles. A big pain in the you know what.
    11-26-2016 09:39 PM
    This is the current one. Not really sure if it is legit, and I have not clicked OK.
    11-26-2016 09:43 PM
    This is the current one. Not really sure if it is legit, and I have not clicked OK. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...860d3acdf3.jpg
    Yep seen that one
    11-26-2016 11:33 PM
    Yeah. Cinemablend was doing that to me for a while. It's annoying. Freaked me out at first, but realized it was spamming me.

Fun thing is I know carrier sales reps who say people come in with all these antivirus apps because of ads like this that take them to the store to download that crap.
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-27-2016 01:51 AM
    nothing here yet
    11-27-2016 10:11 AM
    I've experienced more than a couple of these in my years of using Android phones.

It's a big annoyance, as many of them tend to suddenly turn me away from what I'm looking at or just keep popping up for no reason other than trying to annoy you into downloading what tends to be a useless app that barely works.

This is the current one. Not really sure if it is legit, and I have not clicked OK. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...860d3acdf3.jpg

I don't understand why that's even a thing. I have to install an app-locker to get rid of a VIRUS?

It's even more insulting when your phone doesn't even have unknown sources checked and you only get your apps off Google Play.

I'd hit okay in order to go to the app page on the Play Store and leave a 1-star review telling folks about their tactics on getting people to download it and advise people to never ever install it.
    kmf1 likes this.
    11-28-2016 06:31 AM
    They are praying on people's inexperience with Android... Android DOES have malware, but how an Android device is compromised is far far different than a windows desktop system... the simple act of going to an infected page on a desktop can wreak havoc on things. But on Android, everything is so compartmentalized that this is either impossible or extremely difficult to pull off. I haven't heard of any instance where a browser page has infected an Android device with malware... To infect a newer Android device, you really need to sort of trick the user into installing an app, and even then the damage is limited unless the person has in some fashion compromised their phone's security measures (such as rooting a phone and not paying attention to what they install).
    11-28-2016 11:22 AM