Bluetooth Audio skipping

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice audio issues when listening to Bluetooth? Just to clarify:

I have a Moto Z Force Droid connected to Samsung Level U headphones via Bluetooth.

I have used the same headphones with a Nexus 6, Samsung S7 Edge, LG V20, and now the Moto Z. Definitely did not have this issue with other devices. Although I do not have this issue 100% of the time. The Moto Z Force is also connected to my Samsung Gear S2, but that has been the same for all the other devices.

I have tried both and with and without the battery mod on. I have tried various internet fixes, but still no luck. I dont remember if I had this issue pre-Nougat.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had some issues occasionally, particularly when my phone is being jostled, but a very occasional hiccup here & there without jostling. Most of the time it does great, and when it's really bad it has something to do with vibration (mowing).

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
my stutter just came back. I listened to audio on and off for the past 24 hours without issue. Not sure why it came back. Currently listening to Google Play Music when it started, but I was listening to GPM & SiriusXM without issue earlier.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you carrying the phone in a pocket? If yes, does switching from one pocket to another help with this?

My BT headphones for best when I have my phone in my right front pocket rather than my left front pocket, as I believe the BT receiver is in the right earbud.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you carrying the phone in a pocket? If yes, does switching from one pocket to another help with this?

My BT headphones for best when I have my phone in my right front pocket rather than my left front pocket, as I believe the BT receiver is in the right earbud.

No, I have it laying on my desk in front of me. Probably no more than 2 to 3 feet from my head.

Once again, rebooted the phone and cleared it right up

AngD11

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I looked at another post on this page and restarted the device in safe mode. I am running spotify and I was have problems with the audio "skipping." For now it is ok. It did not skip in safe mode. When I restarted it had removed widgets from my home screen and my theme was gone. I selected another theme and things seem to be fine. Someone also suggested turning Location off. I also did that. I have the LG HBS-910 with Samsung Galaxy S6.

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had this issue on occasion while using Google Play Music but it's infrequent. However I noticed it does it most is when WiFi is scanning, connecting, or jumping between networks (like scanning while driving) Turning wifi off seems to fix it, or at least turn wifi scanning off. Also rebooting the phone every day... Maybe two days, also seems to help a lot.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
This is incredibly annoying. I had bluetooth issues with MM but not like this. However I'm t may be a Play Music 7.1 issue more than the phone. The infotainment tablet in my car, that's stripped of even Google/system apps, still stutters. That pretty much eliminates the cache or slow adoptable storage I initially suspected. After the security update friday it's been signifigantly better though.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i have not had this issue in awhile, maybe the update fixed it...

not necessarily related, I uninstalled Spotify

I just use Google Play Music or Podcast Addict, still connected to the Samsung Level U

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I just use Google Play Music or Podcast Addict, still connected to the Samsung Level U

I had this issue too. I did just the opposite. I uninstalled Google play music and downloaded Spotify. I haven't had the issue anymore. It was getting on my nerves skipping while driving in the car.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

well, I jinxed myself, came back today while listening to SiriusXM

Sniperking

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue on occasion while using Google Play Music but it's infrequent. However I noticed it does it most is when WiFi is scanning, connecting, or jumping between networks (like scanning while driving) Turning wifi off seems to fix it, or at least turn wifi scanning off. Also rebooting the phone every day... Maybe two days, also seems to help a lot.

I'm sitting in a laundry mat that has free wifi and it was skipping like crazy while I was on 4G listening through my LG tone platinums. I completely shut the wifi off and it has not skipped one time since! Motorola needs to fix this bug BAD!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting in a laundry mat that has free wifi and it was skipping like crazy while I was on 4G listening through my LG tone platinums. I completely shut the wifi off and it has not skipped one time since! Motorola needs to fix this bug BAD!

Or maybe the laundromat needs to get better WiFi? (WiFi isn't always faster than LTE, and is in fact usually slower at public places.)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yup, sounds like crap WiFi, not a Moto problem, unless you have it happen on multiple WiFi networks, and with known good speeds. You can run the SpeedTest app (or probably just the SpeedTest.net website) on your phone to find out for sure.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My regular Moto Z does the same thing. My Bluetooth headphones have to be in close proximity, if I put my phone in my back pocket it will skip. It occasionally does it in my car as well and when I restart the phone seems to correct it temporarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy