Hi All!

I picked up my Droid Z Force over the weekend (BF special). Today I made a couple phone calls using my BT headset (for the first time) and the people I called said they could barely hear me. On one call, the other person couldn't hear me at all after a few minutes. I then took off my headset and used the handset itself and people said I sounded way better. The headset I have is a Plantronics Voyager 5200 and that headset worked great with my old phone, a LG G3 so I wouldn't think it was an issue with the headset itself. I also have the phone paired to my "hands free bluetooth" in my Honda Accord so I gave that a try and people still commented they couldn't hear me very well. Granted that isn't a large sample but the common theme I was seeing was people having a hard time hearing me if I was using a BT headphone/speaker. I am running 7.0 as well since I upgraded Android right after I got the phone however I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

TIA
    11-29-2016 12:24 AM
    Might have something to do with advanced calling. It causes some issues with people being able to hear you.
    11-29-2016 03:32 PM
    I use my Force in my Nissan all the time for phone calls and it works fine. Calls are never as clear as using it as a handset but that is normal with most car BT systems. They never complain they cant hear me or understand me though.

I havent made any calls with my BT headset, I use it strictly for music and havent needed to make a call or received one!
    11-29-2016 04:32 PM
    What is the volume control setting on your Z Force? On my Droid Turbo if I don't have the volume turned up at least 2/3's of the way up, I get complaints that I'm hard to hear.

Have you tried calling your phone, letting it roll over to voice mail and leaving a message, then checking for sound quality?
    11-29-2016 08:41 PM
    Thanks for the tips and ideas! I did try disabling the advanced calling but that didn't make a difference. I did turn up all the volumes (media, alarm, ring) plus I did a "network reset" based on something I found online. It's too early to tell, but the one test call I made tonight worked fine. I will need to make some more calls to be sure if it is fixed or not. Thanks again for the suggestions!
    11-30-2016 12:43 AM
    Just a quick update

So far, so good. My Plantronics BT headset is working well now. I'm not sure which step fixed it, but I had turned all the volumes up and did a "network reset" which reset both wifi and bluetooth.
    11-30-2016 09:08 PM
    Just a quick update

So far, so good. My Plantronics BT headset is working well now. I'm not sure which step fixed it, but I had turned all the volumes up and did a "network reset" which reset both wifi and bluetooth.
    Good to hear. Enjoy.
    11-30-2016 11:27 PM
    The problem came back so I took the phone back to Verizon and they exchanged it with a new one. I haven't had a chance yet to test the bluetooth on a phone call yet, but hopefully swapping the phone will fix the issue I was experiencing.
    12-07-2016 10:06 AM