Upgraded from iphone, no longer receiving texts from other iphone users

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
So I just upgraded from the Iphone 5 to the Z force. I'm not able to receive any texts from other iphone users. Their texts are trying to send as an imessage, which is what it would do if I still had an iphone...

How can I start receiving texts from iphone users?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I just upgraded from the Iphone 5 to the Z force. I'm not able to receive any texts from other iphone users. Their texts are trying to send as an imessage, which is what it would do if I still had an iphone...

How can I start receiving texts from iphone users?
Did you disable iMessage before switching?

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
not before switching. I wasn't aware this would be an issue at the time. I've disabled it now, after the issue was present, but I'm still not getting texts from iphone users.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
When I switched from apple back in 2014 I had to call apple and tell them to remove my number from their servers. Just ridiculous.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Your friends need to change in THEIR phone, your number from imessage to regular SMS. It has nothing to do with you changing your imessage setting.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Your friends need to change in THEIR phone, your number from imessage to regular SMS. It has nothing to do with you changing your imessage setting.

Please research before giving advice - this is a clear iMessage issue that is going on for many years. The user switching from Apple to Android has to disable iMaessage - not the other users.

For your reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204270

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Right, Apple added that web page to remove your phone number from iMessage a year or two ago. Before then it was really a pain in the neck.

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Google "deregister iMessage"
Click on the Apple Self Solve site
Scroll down and enter your phone number
You'll get text with a code
Enter that in the website
Your phone number will be deregistered.
Tell friends to delete threads and start new convos with you

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Please research before giving advice - this is a clear iMessage issue that is going on for many years. The user switching from Apple to Android has to disable iMaessage - not the other users.

Not entirely true. The iPhone user should always SELECT "Send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable". This from the iPhone users side ensures that regardless of whether their phone or the other users phone is the issue it goes through. Not relevant to this Android issue per se but in situations where iMessage is unavailable to iPhone user like poor service areas, their messages should go through as SMS anyway. But I digress. Yes, as you said it is the new Android owners responsibility to to remove iMessage correctly but also requires old messages to be deleted and new threads to be started.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Guess you missed the part that stated: because they're still being sent as iMessage. So, like I said. If the "sender" will simply change the phone number setting imessage to sms, it immediately solves the issue.